MindDabble - How to remove?
MindDabble is a browser plugin that can be added to Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers. The program was designed by Mindspark Interactive Network which is responsible for few other browser extensions as well. The program says to provide quick access to few websites, so you can easily see weather reports, play games online and so on. Despite some nice option, MindDabble changes some settings of your browser which lead to lots of unwanted actions to happen on your computer.
First of all it changes your homepage to home.mywebsearch.com and sets your default search provider to My Web Search. First of all, it is very annoying, especially if you are used to see a certain website when you start your browsing activity. Second, this search provider includes lots of sponsored websites despite what search you make. MindDabble is trying to increase traffic to few websites.
You should also know, the program is able to track your browsing activities and record the information about the websites you are visiting, search queries you make, and even reveal your sensitive information. The purpose of this is mainly based on marketing. MindDabble can send this data to third parties where it can be further used.
You are recommended to remove MindDabble from your computer without having any doubts. Although it’s not a malware, it enters computers using unfair methods and it brings many inconveniences for the users. It is categorized as a potentially unwanted program that should be removed. Below we provide instructions how to remove MindDabble if you have noticed it on your computer:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to MindDabble. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for MindDabble and disable it.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to MindDabble, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to MindDabble, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar address, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.
Automatic MindDabble removal tools
Manual MindDabble removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove MindDabble, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other MindDabble infected files and get help in MindDabble removal by using Spyhunter scanner.