Driver Performer is a fake optimization tool that is promoted as a tool that can scan your computer and all attached devices like your monitor, mouse, printer, etc. and determine which drivers are missing or corrupt. The program can be downloaded from its official websites driverperformer.com however, it can be installed to your computer without your consent using Trojan viruses.
Although Driver Performer is not a malware application, it breaches your privacy and for this reason it is recommended to remove it. The program can collect your private information, including your usernames and passwords. It also installs lots of browser extension to your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, such as Ask Toolbar and some others. Your search provider will be changed to goonsearch.com. This websites will also be set as your homepage and it will be opened every time you open a new tab.
You should also know that Driver Performer will try to sell you its Premium version which costs $29.95. You definitely don’t need this program and you will only waste your money if you decide to purchase it. Remove Driver Performer instead of trusting this program as it will only bring problems for you. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you cannot remove it from there, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it.
Depending on which browser you are using, fix the search provider manually:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove unnecessary search providers from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Malware removal tools