lpcloudbox402.com pop-ups - How to remove?
lpcloudbox402.com is a part of advertising network that displays various pup ups and inline ads with a help of semi-malicious browser plugins. Although adware itself is not illegal, showing misleading and outright dangerous ads is wrong and such programs are detected by anti-malware and antivirus.
For example, lpcloudbox402.com pop-ups might show messages that claim your Video player is outdated or that you have to update Flash or Java programs:
You are currently browsing the web with Firefox and your Video Player might be outdated.
Please update to the latest version for better performance
Download and Install Now.
Such messages are clearly misleading. What is even worse, such popups might be shown after you click on a completely unrelated link, which means that adware behind lpcloudbox402.com domain has hijacking properties.
There are a couple of other domains on the same advertisement network. lpcloudbox400.com, Lpcloudbox300.com, Lpcloudbox302.com, Lpcloudbox309.com, Lpcloudbox325.com, Lpcloudbox326.com, Lpcloudbox328.com, Lpcloudbox329.com Lpcloudbox404.com, Lpcloudbox408.com, Lpcloudbox409.com, Lpcloudbox410.com, Lpcloudbox411.com, Lpcloudbox412.com, Lpcloudbox413.com, Lpcloudbox414.com, Lpcloudbox415.com, Lpcloudbox416.com and Lpcloudbox30.com are known to be used to display malicious advertisements. This network is related to lpcloudsvr one.
To remove lpcloudbox402.com pop-ups you should uninstall the plugin responsible for the advertisements. Since various extensions are used, it is simpler to scan your computer with Spyhunter which will detect and remove malicious files automatically. Full removal instructions are given below:
Using Control Panel to remove the main lpcloudbox402.com related adware components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows open XP/Vista/7 Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. On Windows 8. enter Control Panel in the search box. In both cases you might have to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC.
- Remove anything related to lpcloudbox402.com. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing lpcloudbox402.com related adware from Internet Explorer
- Press gear icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove the ones you do not know AND that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close The Options.
Removing lpcloudbox402.com related adware from Firefox
- Enter about:addonsin URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe it is a good bet that you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing lpcloudbox402.com adware from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need. If you are not sure about any, you can disable them temporally.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can go to chrome://settings, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
If you found an extension that can’t be removed from the browser, it has either to be removed from Control Panel or with antimalware programs (like Spyhunter, malwarebytes) or program uninstallers (like RevoUninstaller).