Officially Adcash.com is an advertising network that is available for everyone – advertisers and publishers. For that reason, ads from this network can advertise both valid (f.e. www.aliexpress.com) and malicious websites and products. Most of the time those ads shows up as pop-ups on publishers’ websites. Other forms of advertising are also available. Recent events revealed, that Adcash.com is a malicious network that can get infiltrated both ways: on websites or into users’ operating systems as an adware. In case if a website is infected by Adcash.com, you will be redirected on the same window without even clicking on anything and that’s really annoying! If you experience this (getting redirected to random websites) when visiting a valid website that you have been using for a long time, just leave it and wait for a while – developers of the website will take care of everything and you will be able to use the site safely again. If those ads appear on random websites and wherever you go you can’t get rid of them, this is a sign that Adcash.com has infected your computer. It can be added to all most popular web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer) as a browser add-on. Once this is done, you will be seeing tons of various ads on your web browser. Some of them lead to malicious pages and therefore you should get rid of Adcash.com adware. By entering new systems and redirecting users to promoted pages the application expands its users network and is able to offer a wider audience to its affiliates as well as gain bigger profits this way.
Adcash.com add-on is not simply downloaded and installed on a computer as most of popular software. This PUP (potentially unwanted application) is distributed bundled with other free tools and gets added together with them. For that reason, if you want to avoid disturbing ads on your web browser, pay close attention to the installation of freebies. Do not skip any steps and see all advanced options to make sure there are no already marked check boxes or statements telling that Adcash.com will be installed alongside. If it is too late and you are already suffering from this malicious application, wait no more and scan your computer with a trustworthy anti-malware, such as Spyhunter or malwarebytes. Anti-malware will detect it and uninstall all the malicious components automatically. There is also a way to perform this manually, just carefully follow Adcash.com add-on removal instructions given below.
How to uninstall Adcash.com pop-up ads
Using Control Panel to remove the main Adcash.com components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for Adcash.com and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Combo Cleaner (mac) might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Adcash.com from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Adcash.com and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing Adcash.com from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Adcash.com related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing Adcash.com from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to Adcash.com. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
Automatic Malware removal tools