Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup is an annoying message that can be displayed on random computers that were affected by an adware or other potentially unwanted program. If you have noticed this or similar message (Cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net popup, Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net popup, Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net popup), appearing on your browser, probably you have recently installed some freeware. Most of the PUPs come bundled to various players, PDF creators, download managers and other free applications, without asking users’ permission to be added.
Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup can be displayed on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The purpose of this message is either to distribute another adware or advertise various sponsored websites. Beware that it is not safe to install unknown applications or click on unfamiliar links. You can easily be involved into various marketing related projects or convinced into purchasing relative products.
If you have noticed Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup on your computer, stay away from it and make sure you remove all adware that could be associated with this message. To know what exactly is responsible for displaying this popup, you will have to scan your computer with a reputable antipyware program and remove anything related to Asrv-a.akamaihd.net.
The best way to avoid adware and other unwanted applications is to be more careful about what websites you are visiting and what programs you are installing to your system. Always opt for Custom installation, so you could control optional downloads. Never agree to add any unfamiliar applications that come bundled with other software. To remove Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup, follow the guide provided below.
Using control panel to remove main Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup related adware components and installers
- Go to control panel. on Windows XP/Vista/7 Start -> Control Panel . Then Add/Remove Programs. On Windows 8. Enter Control Panel in search box. In both cases you might have confirm that you are administrator on this PC.
- Remove anything related to Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give good idea what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup related adware from Internet Explorer
- Press gear icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove ones you do not know AND made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close The options.
Removing Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup related adware from Firefox
- Enter about:addonsin URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe it is a good bet that you do not need it.
- Optionally, Reset Firefox :
- Go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users). Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing Asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup related adware from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need. If you are not sure about any, you can disable them temporally.
- Restart chrome.
- Optionally, you can go tochrome://settings , press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
If you found an extension that can’t be removed from the browser, it has either to be removed from control panel or with antimalware programs ( like Spyhunter, malwarebytes) or program uninstallers ( like RevoUninstaller ).
Automatic Malware removal tools