Delta Search Virus - How To Remove?
Delta-search.com virus is a product by Visual Software Systems Ltd. and its aggravating features have been indicated as bothersome for more than 5 years. This browse hijacker has been one of the supreme samples of malware and thanks to its drastically intrusive nature, it has obtained remarkable success in United States of America, India, Mexico, Argentina and Vietnam. Similarly to Default-search.net infection, these persistent parasites continue to threaten surfers.
Learn more about Delta-search.com redirect virus
Since Spanish speaking countries have been labeled as potential victims of this disease, we offer removal instructions and analysis of this parasite in the Spanish language (1). Also, due to reports from Germany, we include investigation in this language as well (2). In 2013, Surgeon Simulator had been noticed to contain propositions to install additional piece of software: Delta Toolbar (3).
According to reviews and ratings of this Delta-search.com virus (4), it has received significantly low evaluations when it comes to child safety and trustworthiness. The fact that virus contains/transmits/promotes malicious content, provided poor customer experience, engaged in unethical activities and even played a part in phishing fraud. Take a look at several testimonials that reveal the true nature of this vicious parasite:
- This website is a copycat of Google. When Delta Search is included on some installer (even if you uncheck it) it installs a toolbar and sets Delta Search as the search engine and homepage of the browser. It’s also infected with malware, so stay away from this website.
- Be careful when installing programs with installers since they may contain Delta Search. If you see an installer with Delta Search as an optional choice, exit the installer. Even if you uncheck that thing it’s still gonna hijack your browser.
- I installed a photo editing program and this stupid hijacking site was attached. I CAN NOT find a way to get it off my computer short of taking it in to shop. DELTA you should be arrested and closed down for the aggravation you have caused me and countless others! You are completely criminal in your actions!!!
- If delta-search has been set as your default browser, your browser has been hijacked. Stay away from this site.
- Installs a toolbar that changes the homepage and default search engine. How all these toolbars, keeps track of the visits made by the user and sends it to their servers to send targeted advertising.
Delta Search virus is a malicious program that causes redirects to a sub-domain on Delta-search.com website. The program is categorized as a browser hijacker as it seeks to boost traffic to a specific website by force (without full consent) and get profit this way. Makers of this browser hijacker get money for clicks on advertisements in their search results. This malware gets into computer systems after installing some free programs that are bundled with adware and hijackers.
Typically, Delta malware or related toolbar is used for IE and plugin or extension for other browsers. There are no visual toolbar on Firefox and Chrome except search engine change thus it is harder to track down. The fact that there is no useful function but searches are hijacked is one more proof that Delta search is very malicious software. It is possible that it is distributed with trojans as well.
This particular virus changes the settings of your browser, which include default search page, homepage, some Internet settings alterations and so on. As such, all search traffic is re-routed through their homepage, which might collect information about things you look for. As you are not given the choice to use different search engine, this is not a thing to be taken lightly. Additionally, Delta Search virus will install programs that freeze browser settings and revert them back after each restart. This is done to prevent the “uninstall” instructions they provide on their website from being useful.
Delta Search is supported by ads. Thus you can be rerouted to some other websites that contain malware infections. Quite easily they can also be installed to your computer. Typically, search hijacks are accompanied by rogue registry cleaners and common browser adware, that display even more advertisements.
Our research shows, that infection was using name Claro Search previously. This is well – known hijacker on its own, though replaced with Delta for now. Additionally, there are couple well-known versions (hosted on separate subdomains): Mixi DJ and VisualBee. These toolbar versions are promoted using their own names, but use the same engine, same dirty tricks and are basically the same.
You are highly advised to remove this malware from your computer immediately after noticing it on your computer. Do not hesitate and run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware tool, for example Spyhunter. Don’t forget to change your search provider manually to the one you prefer. If you want to remove the hijacker yourself, here are manual instructions :
Special Delta Search removal instructions
First, you will have to remove Delta Search and related programs from control panel and browser plugins. In control panel I recommend uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus installs software that block browser settings from changing. Such program is called Browser Protect, Sprotect or similar. To identify these, scan with Spyhunter might be useful. You can use other anti-adware programs as well.
After Browser settings freezer is uninstalled, you can uninstall the extensions and revert Delta search virus infected settings in your browsers.
How To remove Delta Search virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Delta-search.com from the list
How To remove Delta Search from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Delta Search from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.
Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional):
If your browser opens Delta Search page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete Delta Search part from target field.
Note, that you might have to scan with anti-malware programs if the Delta Search problem continues – we can not rule out that the toolbar is installed with help of malware. For such cases, repeat scan with Spyhunter, Hitman Pro or use Adwcleaner.
Here a video version of removal guide:
- Delta Search Hijacker – ¿Como eliminarlo? Malwarerid.com.
- Delta Search Hijacker Entfernen. Sicherpc.net.
- Scammers Bundle Old “Surgeon Simulator 2013” Demo with Shady Software. News.softpedia.com.
- Is Delta-search.com safe? Mywot.com.
Automatic Delta Search Virus removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Delta Search Virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.