Claro Search Malware is an infection that changes your browser settings and later causes tons of redirections to Isearch.claro-search.com. This domain looks like just one more search engine full of Google ads and it basically lives because of these ads. Claro Search Malware is responsible for promoting this website. Unfortunately, it does that in a bit unfair way.
Claro Search Malware can infect any browser and it comes together with some downloads of shareware, freeware. Quite often it is poor quality freeware software that is distributed with toolbars to make money. These toolbar mess PC search settings and cause massive redirections. Even if toolbar has some sort of uninstaller, it will not remove the hijacker fully. Claro Search Malware can also come through infected websites via Trojan viruses. It is practically impossible to notice this malware during the infiltration and once it gets inside it starts working straight away. Claro Search Malware changes some setting in your registry that allow to continue its further activity.
Redirections are one of the most annoying things that can happen on your computer. It doesn’t allow you visiting any of your favorite websites, not to talk that it becomes completely impossible to make any searches. Additionally, you can get infected by tons of other malware programs without having a clue that they are entering your system.
You must remove Claro Search Malware without any doubt. Scan your system with some antimalware program, such as, Spyhunter or Hitman Pro. After that you should change your search providers manually to the ones you had before. This is done the following way:
Note: These instructions will fail if Claro Search malware is installed, or exist as toolbar/add-on in any browser as the settings will revert. Make sure you uninstall it and scan with anti-malware program ( e.g. Spyhunter ) first. It is extremely important to uninstall ALL software that got installed on the same day as Claro Search from control panel!
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults.
- Delete Claro Search from the list
- Reset home page as well
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- Search for other things referring Claro Search in the list
- Claro Search might affect some setting files in Firefox.
On Google Chrome:
- Click gear icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove Claro Search from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove Claro Search from the set pages link too).
- Claro Search might affect some setting files in chrome as well.
Automatic Malware removal tools