Delta-search.com virus is a product by Visual Software Systems Ltd. and its aggravating features have been indicated as bothersome for more than 7 years. This browser hijacker has been one of the supreme samples of malware and thanks to its drastically intrusive nature, it has obtained remarkable success in the United States of America, India, Mexico, Argentina, and Vietnam. Similarly to Default-search.net infection, these persistent parasites continue to threaten surfers.
Delta Search Hijacker quicklinks
- Learn more about Delta-search.com redirect virus
- Delta-search.com is a browser add-on
- Special Delta Search removal instructions
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Manual removal of Delta-search.com
- How to remove Delta Search Virus using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove Delta Search Virus from macOS
Learn more about Delta-search.com redirect virus
Since Spanish speaking countries have been labeled as potential victims of this disease, we offer removal instructions and analysis of this parasite in the Spanish language (1). Also, due to reports from Germany, we include investigation in this language as well (2). In 2013, Surgeon Simulator had been noticed to contain propositions to install an additional piece of software: Delta Toolbar (3).
This browser virus might not seem like a lot. After all, it only changes your search provider to Delta-search.com and ads some ads in the results. But this can be dangerous when the ads are of low quality and when the infection makes itself very tricky to remove. We should have full control over our browsers and Delta tries to take it away.
At the end of the day, the Delta-search.com virus is a browser hijacker that exploits people to make money by injecting ads into their search results. It doesn’t provide a useful service and is actually a privacy concern. It’s no better than Geofoxip.com, Searchpowerapp.com, or any other fake search engine.
Delta-search.com should be removed as soon as it’s discovered:
|Type of threat||
|How Delta-search.com spreads||
|Consequences of using a browser hijacker||
According to reviews and ratings of the Delta-search.com virus (4), it has received significantly low evaluations when it comes to child safety and trustworthiness. The fact that this virus contains/transmits/promotes malicious content, provided poor customer experience, engaged in unethical activities, and even played a part in phishing fraud. Take a look at several testimonials that reveal the true nature of this vicious parasite:
- This website is a copycat of Google. When Delta Search is included on some installer (even if you uncheck it) it installs a toolbar and sets Delta Search as the search engine and homepage of the browser. It’s also infected with malware, so stay away from this website.
- Be careful when installing programs with installers since they may contain Delta Search. If you see an installer with Delta Search as an optional choice, exit the installer. Even if you uncheck that thing it’s still gonna hijack your browser.
- I installed a photo editing program and this stupid hijacking site was attached. I CAN NOT find a way to get it off my computer short of taking it in to shop. DELTA you should be arrested and closed down for the aggravation you have caused me and countless others! You are completely criminal in your actions!!!
- If delta-search has been set as your default browser, your browser has been hijacked. Stay away from this site.
- Installs a toolbar that changes the homepage and default search engine. How all these toolbars, keeps track of the visits made by the user and sends it to their servers to send targeted advertising.
Delta Search virus is a malicious program that causes redirects to a sub-domain on the Delta-search.com website. The program is categorized as a browser hijacker as it seeks to boost traffic to a specific website by force (without full consent) and make a profit this way. It’s similar to delta-homes.com, another fake search engine that’s made to show ads.
Makers of this browser virus get money for clicks on advertisements in their search results. This malware gets into computer systems after installing some free programs that are bundled with adware and hijackers. After being installed, Delta takes control over your browser – this allows it to force you to visit the websites partnered with Delta-search.com.
Browser hijackers typically partner with advertisers who are not acceptable for the mainstream ad-networks. They might be too aggressive, spread misinformation, promote restricted content (like adult stuff), or even spread adware viruses. But hijackers like Delta-search.com can be seen working with these advertisers and exposing their users to content that could sometimes be harmful.
Delta-search.com is a browser add-on
Typically, Delta malware or a related toolbar is used for IE, but it’s a plugin or an extension for other browsers. There is no visual toolbar on Firefox and Chrome except the search engine change, thus it is harder to track down. The fact that there is no useful function but searches are still hijacked is one more proof that Delta search is very malicious software. It is even possible that it is distributed with trojans or adware viruses – a lot of browser hijackers are.
This particular virus changes the settings of your browser, which include the default search page, homepage, some Internet settings alterations, and so on. As such, all search traffic is re-routed through their homepage, which collects information about what you look for. As you are not given the choice to use a different search engine, so this is not a thing that you can avoid easily. The nature of browser extensions allows them to exert a lot of control over the browser, and since the browser is the program that manages how you interact with the internet, Delta-search.com becomes an immensely powerful piece of malware.
To stop itself from being removed, Delta Search virus will install programs that freeze browser settings and revert them back after each restart. This is done to prevent the “uninstall” instructions they provide on their website from being useful.
Delta Search is supported by ads. Thus you can be rerouted to some other websites that contain malware infections. Quite easily they can also be installed on your computer. Typically, search hijacks are accompanied by rogue registry cleaners and common browser adware that display even more advertisements. Too many ads can make browsing really frustrating and even stressful.
Our research shows that the Delta infection was using the name Claro Search previously. This is a well-known hijacker on its own, though replaced with Delta for now. Additionally, there are a couple of well-known versions (hosted on separate subdomains): Mixi DJ and VisualBee. These toolbar versions are promoted using their own names, but use the same engine, same dirty tricks and are basically the same.
You are highly advised to remove this malware from your computer immediately after noticing it on your computer. Do not hesitate and run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware tool, for example, Spyhunter. Don’t forget to change your search provider settings manually to the one you prefer. If you want to remove the hijacker yourself, here are manual instructions :
Special Delta Search removal instructions
First, you will have to remove Delta Search and related programs from the control panel and your browser plugins. In the control panel, I recommend uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. Such programs are called Browser Protect, Sprotect, or similar. To identify these, a scan with Spyhunter might be useful. You can use other anti-adware programs as well.
After the browser settings freezer is uninstalled, you can uninstall the extensions and revert the Delta search virus-infected settings in your browsers.
Note, that you might have to scan with anti-malware programs if the Delta Search problem continues – we can not rule out that the toolbar is installed with the help of malware. For such cases, repeat the scan with Spyhunter, or use Adwcleaner.
Here is the video version of the removal guide:
Automatic Malware removal tools
Manual removal of Delta-search.com
How to remove Delta Search Virus using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Delta Search Virus install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Delta Search Virus . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Delta Search Virus easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove Delta Search Virus from macOSDelete Delta Search Virus from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the Delta Search Virus app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Delta Search Virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Delta Search Virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Delta Search Virus from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Delta Search Virus related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Delta Search Virus from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Delta Search Virus from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Delta Search Virus and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.
- Delta Search Hijacker – ¿Como eliminarlo? Malwarerid.com.
- Delta Search Hijacker Entfernen. Sicherpc.net.
- Scammers Bundle Old “Surgeon Simulator 2013” Demo with Shady Software. News.softpedia.com.
- Is Delta-search.com safe? Mywot.com.