BetterSurf popup - How to remove?
Seeing BetterSurf popups when using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome means that your system has been infected with a potentially unwanted program. The application highlights some words on the websites whenever you are browsing the Internet. If you go over them with your mouse, BetterSurf popups will appear.
Every message contains a link to some commercial website and if you click on it, you will end up visiting the page. This is how the program advertises affiliate pages and increases their traffic. Although BetterSurf popups are not related to viruses, these in-text ads complicate computer users’ work. Moreover, your computer faces a higher risk of being infected with serious malware. The messages by BetterSurf can take you to various corrupted or malicious websites full of threats where you can get your system attacked by Trojans, ransomware or other viruses.
The most popular way for adware to be infiltrated into computers is with a help of free programs. They can come bundled to free music players, PDF creators and similar applications that are free of charge. BetterSurf pupups have been noticed to be bundled to 1ClickDownloader, Yontoo, Superfish, FBPhotoZoom, etc. To avoid, such programs to be added automatically, pay attention to what you are downloading and read the installation wizard attentively. It will inform about any additional application bundled to the main software. If you do not want them to be installed, remove the check boxes next to these unfamiliar titles.
Use a reputable antispyware program, to delete BetterSurf from your computer. Scan your system with Reimage, SpyHunter, hitman or any other legitimate tool. Don’t forget to upgrade it to its newest version to ensure the best detection and removal of unwanted programs. Manual removal of Better Surf popup is provided below:
Using Control Panel to remove the main BetterSurf popup components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for BetterSurf and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing BetterSurf popup from Internet Explorer
- Press Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to BetterSurf and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing BetterSurf popup from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything BetterSurf related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing BetterSurf popup from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to BetterSurf. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar , press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
Automatic BetterSurf popup removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual BetterSurf popup removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove BetterSurf popup, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.