How to remove Hao123 toolbar
Hao123 toolbar is a browser hijacker. It can be installed together with freeware or shareware applications. Once it is in your computer, you will see it the same moment because Hao123 makes visible changes. First of all your home page and your search pages will be changed to its own. Each search you will do from address bar or search box will cause you to use Hao123 website.
Although Hao123 toolbar might be quite irritating for some of us, it is not highly dangerous. This browser hijacker does not install additional malware to computer. Alas it is quite tricky to get rid of it. A simple uninstall procedure is not enough since some of its settings stay in the system and continue to redirect a user to unwanted web pages.
If you have problems getting rid of Hao123 toolbar, cannot reset web browser‘s default settings, such as search engine and home page, we recommend to complete step by step removal instructions:
How to remove Hao123 from IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Hao123 from the list: Hao123 toolbar, UrlHelper Class, etc.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other instead of searchqu.com. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
How to remove Hao123 from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → ‘Hao123‘ Toolbar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com instead of Hao123 under the ‘General’ tab.
How to uninstall Hao123 from Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
- Finally, select ‘Web Search’ from the list and remove Hao123 by clicking the “X” mark.
Automatic Hao123 toolbar removal tools
Manual Hao123 toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Hao123 toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Hao123 toolbar infected files and get help in Hao123 toolbar removal by using Spyhunter scanner.