Hao123 toolbar - How to remove?
What is Hao123 toolbar?
Hao123 toolbar is a browser hijacker. It can be installed together with freeware or shareware applications. Once it is in your computer, you will see it the same moment because Hao123 makes visible changes. First of all, your home page and your search pages will be changed to its own. Each search you will do from address bar or search box will cause you to use Hao123 website.
Although Hao123 toolbar might be quite irritating for some of us, it is not highly dangerous. This browser hijacker does not install additional malware to computer. Alas it is quite tricky to get rid of it. A simple uninstall procedure is not enough since some of its settings stay in the system and continue to redirect a user to unwanted web pages.
To remove Hao123 Toolbar, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs list and uninstall anything related to Hao123 Toolbar from there. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter, StopZilla or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. If you have problems getting rid of Hao123 toolbar, cannot reset web browser‘s default settings, such as search engine and home page, we recommend to complete step by step removal instructions, provide below.
Manual removal of Hao123 Toolbar
How To remove Hao123 toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
How To remove Hao123 toolbar from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Hao123 toolbar virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Hao123 toolbar from the list
How to remove Hao123 toolbar from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional):
If your browser opens Hao123 toolbar page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete Hao123 toolbar part from target field.