Utility Chest Toolbar - How to remove?
What is Utility Chest Toolbar?
Utility Chest Toolbar is an adware that causes constant redirects to UtilityChest.com and few other websites. It is installed to computers together with free programs which you can download from the Internet. The application basically affects these two browsers that are Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Once there, it completely takes over your browser by changing some really important settings there.
Utility Chest Toolbar replaces your homepage and default search engine with MyWebSearch. Not only it is done without user’s consent but this search doesn’t work the same way like most of the popular search providers. The program filters your search results and includes many commercial websites. This way it increases traffic to specific pages but for you it becomes a real headache. What is more, Utility Chest Toolbar constantly causes redirects to unknown websites which disturbs your normal activity too and takes lots of your time.
Although the program claims to be a useful tool that can help you to perform your calculations straight from your desktop and offers a translation software as well as some other features, it will bring you more inconveniences than benefits, especially if you haven’t downloaded this program by yourself. We recommend removing Utility Chest Toolbar from your system if you have noticed some strange activity being performed on your computer.
Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Utility Chest Toolbar listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Utility Chest Toolbar from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Utility Chest Toolbar removal tools
Manual Utility Chest Toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Utility Chest Toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Utility Chest Toolbar infected files and get help in Utility Chest Toolbar removal by using Spyhunter scanner.