MyImageConverter toolbar virus has been active for 6 whole years, ever since 2013. It is one of the products by Mindspark Interactive Inc. It is a company, ill-famous for its marketing strategies that are the same for every browser extension, including FileShareFanatic and Gifables. All of these add-ons are being advertised in objectionable pop-ups, making users’ browsing uncomfortable. The MyImageConverter tool receives most of its clients from the United States, but generates some buzz in Brazil, Egypt, the United Kingdom, and Philippines.
Myimageconverter Virus quicklinks
- Detailed description of My ImageConverter toolbar
- Learn how to stay malware-free
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Forget about MyImageConverter virus
- How to remove MyImageConverter virus using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove MyImageConverter virus from macOS
Detailed description of My ImageConverter toolbar
Illegal file-sharing or online-streaming services are promoting MindSpark products every day. Domains like Piratefilmestorrect.com and Freedownloadprogs.com are going to display advertisements for MyImageConverter potentially unwanted program (Potentially) and urge users to download it. The same strategies are exploited for the purpose of popularizing toolbars like HowToSuite. Of course, normal search also allows users to discover MyImageConverter, but even then, the installation process is somewhat dishonest with its vague descriptions and bundling of other hijackers.
In addition to this, once they download the photo-editing browser extension, users can expect their active windows to be hijacker by promotions from Taboola, Propeller Ads Media, adf.ly, and Shop411. This means that users’ will be introduced shopping coupons, fake news (Why) and a variety of other deceptive content.
MyImageConverter is more interested in advertising to you than in helping you convert your files:
Also, MyImageConverter unwanted extension can be installed without users’ permission. This could occur due to drive-by strategies or packaged software that installed more tools than you expected. As soon as the extension becomes active in Google Chrome or another browser, preferences will be modified to adopt a unique version Hp.myway.com, which is Hp.myway.com/myimageconverter/ttab02/index.html. If you notice it as your home page, default search provider and a new tab page, it means that a rogue add-on is among the active apps. During its installation, users’ might have been encouraged to get another tool: Ask.com search engine. This search engine is not considered as useful or properly secured (Ask).
If this browser hijacker has entered your browser, you should be able to notice an original icon next yo the three-dot menu. By clicking on it, people will open a new tab with the rogue platform for searching. That’s in contrast with modern browser add-ons, which use the icon pop-up to contain the functions of their add-ons to not get in your way and to not unnecessarily hijack your home page. On the other hand, products like MyImageConverter toolbar virus receives disturbing permissions. For instance, it cal read and change all of the visited domains. It also obtains the privilege of modifying new tab pages, together with other preferences. It can track browsing activities, manage downloads and control over programs, themes and extensions. This is way too much for an image converter.
Knowing that this MyImageConverter extension receives an authorization to handle downloads, it could be that it will install other MindSpark products or apps from other developers. Since we have noticed that the Hp.myway.com promotes domains like Shielddefense.net and Safe.search.tools browser hijackers, it could be that their malicious extensions will be automatically installed. Obviously, without users’ consent.
Learn how to stay malware-free
If you have become one of the victims of Mindspark products, we suggest you follow the guidelines below to get rid of them. It might be difficult to remove them. If the manual removal does not work, you can run a scan with Spyhunter for PC or Combo Cleaner for Mac OS. It will offer a thorough analysis and automatic elimination process.
Many people struggle to keep their devices running without any setbacks and interruptions. For this purpose, we do hope you will consider getting an anti-malware tool. Other recommendations suggest that you install only respectable applications and do some research about them beforehand. During installation processes, select advanced or custom modes, whichever is offered.
Then, read EULA and Privacy Policies to make sure that no malicious or potentially unwanted content would obtain permission to enter your device. Also, since automatic installation is also an issue, try to disable the setting, allowing browsers to allow all of the programs to be installed. Furthermore, avoid visiting unknown websites and avoid the sites that look like MyImageConverter’s installation page. You can never know which domain will host exploit kits and infect you with ransomware, Trojans or other disturbing threats, like miners.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Forget about MyImageConverter virus
How to remove MyImageConverter virus using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like MyImageConverter virus install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to MyImageConverter virus . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make MyImageConverter virus easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove MyImageConverter virus from macOSDelete MyImageConverter virus from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the MyImageConverter virus app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove MyImageConverter virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to MyImageConverter virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove MyImageConverter virus from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything MyImageConverter virus related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove MyImageConverter virus from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove MyImageConverter virus from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall MyImageConverter virus and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.