HowToSuite by Mindspark Interactive is a browser extension sporting an original search engine which is actually a customized version of hp.myway.com. The stated purpose of this application is to serve people who are always looking for tutorials to create something handicraft, want to have repair tutorials always handy, and want to learn new things all the time. The real goal of it is to get more people to use the MyWay search engine.
Howtosuite Toolbar quicklinks
- Technicalities of HowToSuite Toolbar infection
- How can users become compromised by browser hijackers?
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Manual removal of HowToSuite Toolbar
- How to remove HowToSuite Toolbar using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove HowToSuite Toolbar from macOS
The HowToSuite extension provides quick links to a few how-to websites and free courses online. However, products by Mindspark Interactive are not entirely reliable as they are promoted in ways that are typical for potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). All browser extensions by that company foster the MyWay search platform – that happens to be owned by the same company. HowToSuite tries to modify browser settings in a way to force you to use MyWay.com as often as possible.
Another issue is that this extension is that it makes itself a pain to uninstall. Some users try to get rid of it but it keeps returning. The “remove” option in the browser settings might be grayed out or not react, or a piece of malware might reinstall the extension. This is clearly unethical and very frustrating for the affected users.
There are other problems with it, like being installed without permission, getting access to your browsing history, sending you notifications, or promoting the company’s other toolbars. HowToSuite is an example of a browser extension that works like adware and is not friendly to its users.
If HowToSuite has been installed in your browser, don’t delay in removing it:
|How HowToSuite is classified||
|How the extension spreads||
|Problems with HowToSuite||
Technicalities of HowToSuite Toolbar infection
Browser hijackers such as this product by Mindspark are inconvenient as their appearance might have not been a decision which was supported by the user. It is common for free applications to be downloaded accidentally. Once they are implanted into operating systems, objectionable software will modify settings to run automatically after every time the system is rebooted. Getting rid of HowToSuite can be a difficult task as it will not only affect the browser, but the OS. For this reason, simply adjusting browsers’ settings or shortcuts won’t be enough.
PUP.Optional.MindSpark could be detected by anti-malware tools. Frankly, this is not a malicious or harmful finding, but it could be a burden to users. It has been noticed to have rootkit capabilities which means that it can be installed secretively, hide registry entries, files and simply influence an operating system. During the infection of a browser hijacker, users are commonly introduced with third-party content. This is done to lift advertising revenues or improve the rankings of certain websites.
The sneaky HowToSuite browser extension will display online advertisements in all possible forms, from entire new windows to small, almost unnoticeable, in-text ads. Layouts of certain websites might be influenced and their content clustered as browser hijacker will attempt to insert additional commercial content. A certain degree of caution should be taken if users do not wish to have their computer operating systems compromised with spyware or malware infections. Dealing with a hijacker means that there is a chance that you will be exposed to infectious content, capable of automatically starting a drive-by download. Other freeware samples could be installed without permission and some of them if not harmful, could be potentially unwanted.
We should remind our visitors that this browser extension is not necessarily a virus, but its presence can diminish the browsing experience instead of improving it. It can also make your browser less private and secure by accessing data that it shouldn’t need and by possibly making your browser vulnerable to certain attacks.
If you wish to remove HowToSuite Toolbar from your browser, it might not be enough to modify its settings. You should run a full security scan to detect every trace that this browser hijacker might have inflicted on your OS. Spyhunter for Windows or Combo Cleaner for Mac OS will deal with all malware that might be jeopardizing your cybersecurity. For a manual removal to be successful, we have included a list of steps, but if it doesn’t work, using a security program might be needed.
How can users become compromised by browser hijackers?
These invaders have been recognized to enter devices via a couple of ways. Firstly, they can travel with freeware. For instance, HowToSuite Toolbar will bring its own search engine and users will have to agree with this modification. Sometimes, people do not notice such conditions and are not aware of the fact that their browsers’ preferences will be modified. In order not to be among these people, you are to always install reliable programs and perform Setup Wizards in advanced/custom modes. Another way they spread is via misleading ads that pop up unwanted. Malicious websites like Elandsenajap.pro are often seen promoting browser hijackers.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Manual removal of HowToSuite Toolbar
How to remove HowToSuite Toolbar using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like HowToSuite Toolbar install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to HowToSuite Toolbar . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make HowToSuite Toolbar easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove HowToSuite Toolbar from macOSDelete HowToSuite Toolbar from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the HowToSuite Toolbar app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove HowToSuite Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to HowToSuite Toolbar, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove HowToSuite Toolbar from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything HowToSuite Toolbar related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove HowToSuite Toolbar from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove HowToSuite Toolbar from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall HowToSuite Toolbar and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.