Internet Speed Radar can be a really unwanted tool that disrupts your casual web browsing. Even though it is supposed to serve as a useful and free tool to enhance your experience, it is exactly the opposite. If that’s not enough, it is also considered to be a browser hijacker and the presence of this tool can lead to various problems concerning your cyber security.
Internet Speed Radar Virus quicklinks
- Why Does Internet Speed Radar need To Be Removed?
- How Internet Speed Radar Managed To Get Inside?
- How To Remove Internet Speed Radar
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Get Rid Of Internet Speed Radar Virus
- How to remove Internet Speed Radar Virus using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove Internet Speed Radar Virus from macOS
It is said to be browser hijacker due to obvious reasons – it makes changes to personal settings without even asking for a permission to do that. It can be really irritating to open your browser and see that the settings you have been using for years have been modified and now you will be forced to get used to different settings.
We want to help you to get rid of this malicious browser extension, so in case you are suffering from it right now, please continue reading the article. We will provide you with detailed instruction on how to get rid of internet Speed Radar extension and how to increase security level of your system to make sure that infection like this one won’t be able to introduce itself into the system ever again.
Why Does Internet Speed Radar need To Be Removed?
You might be wondering what’s so bad about this free tool. Well, there are various risks that you are taking by using this extension:
- Personal data leaked to third parties;
- Computer infected with other malware;
- Redirects to other websites;
- Changed personal settings;
- Additional advertisements;
- Slower work of your computer.
The very first thing that this infection is going to do when installed on your computer – it will set your new tab page to their own landing page. From now on, it will appear every time you open a new tab and therefore we recommend to switch to an alternative web browser until this hijacker is completely removed from your computer.
This program (browser extension), was developed by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc., so it is kind of obvious that their landing page features a web search function which is supported by MyWay. Because your web browser is infected with Internet Speed Radar and their website appears every time you open a new tab, you are more than likely to use that web search function.
That’s exactly what they want you to do – they even put “enhanced by Google” logo next to it, in order to make it look more reliable. That Google logo doesn’t help much, to say the least, since this feature is clearly corrupt and we do not recommend to ever use it.
There are several good points for why that shouldn’t be done. First of all, all search queries that you submit there will be definitely colled. That’s not a bad thing on itself, yet you can tolerate it because Mindspark is willing to ’share. So if some of your private data are revealed to the search, you can consider yourself to be in a trouble.
Not to mention the fact that results displayed by this search are not on point as well. They don’t care about your user experience and the ability to provide the most relevant and useful content. All they care is to flood you with sponsored links and make some money by doing this.
After all, Internet Speed Radar is supposed to provide you with the ability to check the speed of your internet connection. There are some links on their homepage that might lead you to websites that can actually do that, however, it’s definitely not worth to keep such dangerous and potentially unwanted program installed on your computer just for an exchange for the ability to perform a speed test.
How Internet Speed Radar Managed To Get Inside?
As you can clearly see now, the security of your computer is not flawless. This malicious extension most likely came bundled to another free program that you downloaded by yourself. It’s not that surprising – this distribution method is really popular amongst malware.
We have a tip for you – why don’t you secure your system with real-time protection? It can be offered by free programs like Malware Fighter or Plumbytes. Those programs have the ability to secure computer systems from similar malware, so you won’t have to worry about it anymore.
Also, you should be more careful while browsing the Internet. Even though we have advanced technologies regarding internet security nowadays, cyber criminals are also getting better and they constantly find new ways to deal with that. Try to avoid visiting websites that look questionable, do not believe everything that you see on pop-up advertisements (especially if they are really excessive) and only download software from trustworthy sources.
How To Remove Internet Speed Radar
Luckily, it’s not that difficult to get rid of this malware. Basically, all you have to do is a scan with a reliable anti-malware program, such as Spyhunter. Do that, and your computer will be free from viruses in several minutes.
We have also developed a step-by-step removal guide for Internet Speed Radar, so you can have a look at it below this article. If you manage to perform all steps correctly, you should be able to eliminate this infection manually on your own.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Get Rid Of Internet Speed Radar Virus
How to remove Internet Speed Radar Virus using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Internet Speed Radar Virus install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Internet Speed Radar Virus . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Internet Speed Radar Virus easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove Internet Speed Radar Virus from macOSDelete Internet Speed Radar Virus from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the Internet Speed Radar Virus app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Internet Speed Radar Virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Internet Speed Radar Virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Internet Speed Radar Virus from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Internet Speed Radar Virus related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Internet Speed Radar Virus from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Internet Speed Radar Virus from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Internet Speed Radar Virus and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.