ClipConverter.cc is an online tool that takes a link to a video and allows a user to download it converted into video or audio files. This is very useful to those who desire to watch a video offline, whether because they wish to save on bandwidth, use the content in their editing, preserve it in case the original is taken down.
What ClipConverter.cc does not allow is converting copyrighted music. It has a filter to prevent that.
This way, there’s less of a chance of ClipConverter.cc being used for pirating. Video converters are in a legal gray area, so ClipConverter.cc is just being careful.
The problem is that ClipConverter.cc shows ads that are often dangerous and difficult to avoid. Be careful when on ClipConverter.cc, as some of the ads that it shows are potentially harmful.
Clipconverter Cc Ads quicklinks
- What’s the problem with ClipConverter.cc?
- It shows unwanted and deceptive ads
- Malicious ads can be harmful
- How to stop ClipConverter.cc ads
- Don’t allow unknown apps to be installed
- Remove malicious apps and programs
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Remove unwanted programs
- How to remove Clipconverter.cc Ads using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove Clipconverter.cc Ads from macOS
About ClipConverter.cc in short:
|ClipConverter.cc shows unwanted ads||It has ads on the front page,
it opens new tabs in the browser with advertisements in them,
many of the ads lead to various scams.
|How ads can be dangerous||Phishing sites steal information,
scam sites can result in lost money,
misleading ads cause the installation of malicious software.
|How to stop ClipConverter.cc’s ads and avoid getting infected||Use ad blockers and good antivirus tools (Spyhunter for PC, Combo Cleaner for Mac, Malwarebytes, others),
remove malware and bad browser extensions,
disable notifications from unwanted sites.
What’s the problem with ClipConverter.cc?
It shows unwanted and deceptive ads
People have been complaining about ClipConverter.cc for years now. Specifically, about their ads and all the unwanted software that they catch while using the conversion tool.
Me, too. When on ClipConverter.cc, every other click results in a new browser tab being opened. In those tabs are ads for online casinos, get-rich-quick scams, and suspicious health supplements.
It seems like some of the advertisements on the ClipConverter.cc site are not safe. Maybe whoever is running ClipConverter.cc does not have good security and unwittingly had malicious code injected into their site? Or maybe the advertising network that they use allowed some malicious ads to sneak through their vetting process?
Malicious ads can be harmful
The ads that ClipConverter.cc shows are potentially dangerous. Just having them open in your browser won’t hurt. But interacting with them and following their instructions can be dangerous:
- Phishing sites trick the user into giving away their personal information. Subscription scams use it to charge you money.
- Fake update prompts and warnings (Edge update) install browser hijackers.
- Fake warnings about your device having viruses (Four virus) are used by tech support scams.
- Loud, obnoxious ads that interrupt your work. Adult ads that might be inappropriate for children.
It’s good to be careful while using ClipConverter.cc. Close each unwanted pop-up and be skeptical if you see any virus warnings or update alerts. Best to just ignore them.
The files that are downloaded from ClipConverter.cc are not dangerous, most of the time. Just don’t download executables, packages, or APK files from it.
How to stop ClipConverter.cc ads
Don’t allow unknown apps to be installed
Whether you are using a Mac, PC, Android, etc., your is vulnerable to malicious and potentially unwanted software. Yes, even Macs are vulnerable.
Don’t agree to install unfamiliar programs or browser extensions. Also, install a good antivirus program to protect you from infections.
Don’t give your information to websites that you do not trust. Don’t be intimidated by popups that talk about your computer having “Dangerous Viruses”. Be suspicious of winning a lottery that you did not participate in or getting parcels that you did not order. Cybercriminals use a variety of tactics to get people to click on their ads, give them their information, install suspicious software – all with the eventual goal of monetary profit.
Remove malicious apps and programs
If ClipConverter.cc and other sites are showing you unwanted pop-ups, examine your notification settings:
- Chrome – open Settings, scroll down to Site settings (under Privacy and security), click on Notifications.
- Edge (Chromium) – open Settings, click Site Permissions, Notifications.
- Firefox – open Settings, Privacy & Security, scroll down to Permissions, and click on Settings next to Notifications.
- Safari – in the Safari menu, choose Preferences, Websites, Notifications.
Block the notifications of unwanted sites.
Also, use antivirus programs, such as Spyhunter for Windows, Combo-Cleaner for macOS, Malwarebytes, and others to check your device for malware. Remove malicious and potentially unwanted items, if any are found.
If you’re getting excessive ads and redirects when browsing the internet, it’s possible that a browser extension is causing these issues. Check what add-ons you’ve installed. Do you recognize and trust all of them? If note, below there are guides for how to check and remove extensions from the most popular browsers.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Remove unwanted programs
How to remove Clipconverter.cc Ads using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like ClipConverter.cc Ads install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Clipconverter.cc Ads . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make ClipConverter.cc Ads easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove Clipconverter.cc Ads from macOSDelete ClipConverter.cc Ads from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the Clipconverter.cc Ads app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove ClipConverter.cc Ads from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to ClipConverter.cc Ads, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove ClipConverter.cc Ads from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything ClipConverter.cc Ads related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove ClipConverter.cc Ads from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove ClipConverter.cc Ads from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Clipconverter.cc Ads and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.