Websearch.pur-esult.info virus - How to remove?
Websearch.pur-esult.info virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to random computers. The program is bundled to various free software that users can easily download from the Internet. Then when you are installing this free software Websearch.pur-esult.info virus will be installed automatically. You can avoid this if you are more careful about the installation processes. Always go for Custom Installation and see if there are any additional unknown applications that are offered to be installed together with the main program. Never agree to add by default any unfamiliar ones.
If Websearch.pur-esult.info virus has already infiltrated to your system, the first signs you will notice are few changes in your browser. The program will replace your homepage and default search provider. It can also add Smart Address Bar Toolbar to your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. These changes are very annoying especially because you have to constantly deal with redirection when you try to browse the Internet.
Websearch.pur-esult.info virus modifies your search results by adding lots of sponsored websites. It basically forces you to visit particular websites, this way increasing their traffic. Some redirections can lead you to compromised websites where you can even get your system infected with malware or other infections. What is more, the program is constantly monitoring your browsing activity and can even get access to your personal information.
It is highly recommended to remove Websearch.pur-esult.info virus as soon as you detect its traces on your computer. Launch control panel first. Uninstall all software that looks related to this search tool. It is always good to scan your system with anti-malware programs to detect if there are no other malicious programs, so run spyhunter scan.
After this, you will have to reset browser Search settings. This will differ from browser to browser.
Remove Websearch.pur-esult.info virus from Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box..
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults.
- Remove Websearch.pur-esult.info virus engines from the list.
Remove Websearch.pur-esult.info virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- You might have to delete user.js from your Firefox data directory as well.
Remove Websearch.pur-esult.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove Websearch.pur-esult.info virus from list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Websearch.pur-esult.info virus removal tools
Manual Websearch.pur-esult.info virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove pur-esult virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other pur-esult virus infected files and get help in pur-esult virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.