Websearch.oversearch.info virus - How to remove?
What is Websearch.oversearch.info virus?
Websearch.oversearch.info virus is a browser hijacker that infiltrates into computers without users’ consents and makes changes in their browsers. The application is installed bundled with free software. This is one of the most popular ways of distributing new tools of this type. Users should be more cautious every time they are installing new software to their computers. To avoid additional programs being installed, you should follow installation steps carefully and refuse installing any unknown applications.
Websearch.oversearch.info virus can take over Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once there it replaces your default search provider and start page with its own. The website looks like a regular search provider, however, it includes tons of commercial links in a list of search results and constantly tries to redirect you to some unknown websites.
Basically, Websearch.oversearch.info virus makes money by increasing page ranking of advertised websites and from affiliate links. It also displays different ads on the infected system expecting users to click on them and cause more redirections. Every time your system is facing a risk of getting infected because the unknown websites you get redirected to might be malicious or corrupted and be a source of viruses.
How to remove Websearch.oversearch.info virus?
To remove Websearch.oversearch.info virus you will have to scan your computer with anti-malware programs like Spyhunter or adwcleaner or uninstall all the problematic software from control panel. In some cases the software names might be random, so you should look through all the unfamiliar programs in Control Panel.
After the uninstall you should fix search providers and new tab settings in all the browsers:
Websearch.oversearch.info virus removal For IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Websearch.oversearch.info from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Websearch.oversearch.info virus removal For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Websearch.oversearch.info and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
- Enter About:config and search for Websearch.oversearch.info and reset these settings
Websearch.oversearch.info virus removal For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Automatic Websearch.oversearch.info virus removal tools
Manual Websearch.oversearch.info virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove oversearch virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other oversearch virus infected files and get help in oversearch virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.