ViewThat Ads - How To Remove?
ViewThat is a free program that is meant to help you to view images that are small or blurry in a better quality and to preview some pictures without opening the page. Unfortunately, the program is not that useful as it may look like. ViewThat is related to some third party services and it actually creates a big mess in your system.
Although it has its official website where you can download it, usually the program is infiltrated without users’ knowledge. It comes bundled with a number of free applications, such as music or video players. Since they do not properly disclose about ViewThat, users can download it unintentionally. To avoid this download, you have to be more careful when installing new applications to your system. Make sure you always follow the installation steps and choose custom installation to be able to refuse unwanted downloads.
If ViewThat had already affected your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome you will start seeing lots of ads on your computer. All of them advertise one of ViewThat partners and try to gain traffic to their websites. Not only these ads are annoying, but you should also know that the program can get access to some of your personal information, like your browsing history and search queries. This can easily violate your privacy and involve you into other marketing related projects.
Never install any unknown programs to your computer and if you are already seeing numerous ViewThat Ads on your system, you have to remove it as soon as possible. Follow the guide provided below and eliminate this adware from all infected browsers.
Manual removal instructions of ViewThat Ads
Using Control Panel to remove the main ViewThat Ads components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall. On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for ViewThat and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing ViewThat Ads from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to ViewThat and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing ViewThat Ads from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything ViewThat related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing ViewThat Ads from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to ViewThat. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.