Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) - How to remove?
Snap.do also known as Resoft Smartbar or search.snap.do is a browser hijacker that alters infected computer‘s home page and default search engine. It works on any of Internet browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is a free tool that is supposed to help upload, like and tweet your content in a single click, convert a wanted webpage to a PDF file, automatically zoom in Facebook images and listen to a local radio station.
Statistical Information we collect ……. including, inter alia, advertisements viewed, pages browsed, search inquiries, offers and services that interest you, the type of browser you are using, your IP address, the URL you have come from and the time spent at that URL, cookies and your domain type and server.
Snap.do can be downloaded from company‘s official website but in many cases it is distributed using legal but unfair methods, such as bundling it together with other software. A computer user installs snap.do only because it is marked to be installed by default and she does not notice a checkbox. Such victims complain that suddenly their homepage becomes search.snap.do out of nowhere and this makes it very difficult to use Internet because of constant redirections.
It might be not that easy to remove snap.do as one would think because developers of this toolbar are concerned with the alterations made to be removed as complicated as possible. A manual removal is possible only if one can locate the toolbar in Control Panel Add and Remove Programs list. It might use other names to hide itself from removal therefore uninstalling every toolbar one by one might be a time consuming method. We recommend using automatic snap.do removal. Such antimalware tools like Spyhunter and Hitman Pro are known to be effective. They will also identify any other threads that were installed together with snap.do. If you choose to remove the toolbar manually, do not forget to perform a full system scan afterwords.
You might also need to restore default search engine settings after removing Snap Do components.
How to remove Snap.do from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click on Change search defaults;
- Remove search.snap.do from the list.
How to remove Snap.do from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How to remove Snap.do from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset;
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab;
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How to remove Snap.do from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list;
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose ‘Open blank page’ (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too);
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.
Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional):
If your browser opens search.snap.do page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete search.snap.do part from target field.
Automatic Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) removal tools
Manual Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar), such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) infected files and get help in Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) removal by using Spyhunter scanner.