How to remove Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar)
Snap.do also known as Resoft Smartbar or search.snap.do is a browser hijacker that alters infected computer‘s home page and default search engine. It works on any of Internet browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is a free tool that is supposed to help upload, like and tweet your content in a single click, convert a wanted webpage to a PDF file, automatically zoom in Facebook images and listen to a local radio station.
Statistical Information we collect ……. including, inter alia, advertisements viewed, pages browsed, search inquiries, offers and services that interest you, the type of browser you are using, your IP address, the URL you have come from and the time spent at that URL, cookies and your domain type and server.
Snap.do can be downloaded from company‘s official website but in many cases it is distributed using legal but unfair methods, such as bundling it together with other software. A computer user installs snap.do only because it is marked to be installed by default and she does not notice a checkbox. Such victims complain that suddenly their homepage becomes search.snap.do out of nowhere and this makes it very difficult to use Internet because of constant redirections.
It might be not that easy to remove snap.do as one would think because developers of this toolbar are concerned with the alterations made to be removed as complicated as possible. A manual removal is possible only if one can locate the toolbar in Control Panel Add and Remove Programs list. It might use other names to hide itself from removal therefore uninstalling every toolbar one by one might be a time consuming method. We recommend using automatic snap.do removal. Such antimalware tools like Spyhunter and Hitman Pro are known to be effective. They will also identify any other threads that were installed together with snap.do. If you choose to remove the toolbar manually, do not forget to perform a full system scan afterwords.
You might also need to restore default search engine settings after removing Snap Do components.
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the unnecessary search engines from the list
On Firefox :
- Disable unnecessary browser addons, including QuickShare.
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) removal tools
Manual Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar), such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) infected files and get help in Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar) removal by using Spyhunter scanner.