SavingsShip Ads - How to remove?
SavingsShip is an adware that was created by Innovative Apps which is known for releasing several other malicious applications in the past. The program promises to improve your browsing experience, however, since it is supported by the third parties, it actually only advertises their websites. Once inside, SavingsShip generates numerous ads and displays them when you browse the Internet. All SavingsShip Ads contain links to commercial websites and if you click on them you will be redirected immediately.
Although the program has its official website and it can be downloaded from there, usually users add it together with freeware from the internet without even noticing that. SavingsShip comes bundled to free music and video players, download managers, etc. If you want to avoid it, you have to be more careful with the installation steps of your free applications. Make sure you don’t allow any additional programs to be added if they are not known for you. Also never click on suspicious links or random popups as they can contain adware installers too.
Beware that SavingsShip can track your browsing habits and get access to sensitive data, for this reason it is not recommended to keep it in your system. You should run a full system scan with a reputable antispyware program, like Spyhunter or malwarebytes and remove SavingsShip as soon as you detect its activity.
How to remove SavingShip
Using Control Panel to remove the main SavingsShip components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for SavingsShip and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing SavingsShip Ads from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to SavingsShip and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing SavingsShip Ads from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything SavingsShip Ads related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing SavingsShip Ads from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to SavingsShip Ads. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
If you found an extension that can’t be removed from the browser, it has either to be removed from Control Panel or with antimalware programs (like Spyhunter, malwarebytes) or program uninstallers (like RevoUninstaller).