Policia Federal Mexico Virus - How To Remove?
Policia Federal Mexico virus is a ransomware program that mainly attacks computers located in Mexico, but can also infiltrate into systems based in other Spanish speaking countries. The Trojan blocks the infected system and displays a message on screen accusing the user for using copyrighted material illegally. Policia Federal Mexico virus asks to pay a fine of 2000 pesos for this violation. In fact, its creators are just trying to get money from you this way.
The program can be downloaded to the system using several methods. You can get the Trojan dropped to your system while you are visiting some infected website. It can also be attached in your spam emails or you can be convinced to download it as a useful software. No matter how it reaches your system, the consequences are the same. Have a look at the message of Policia Federal Mexico virus below:
Estados Unidos Mexicanos
¡ATENCIÓN! Su OP (ordeandor) está bloqueado debido a al menos una de las razones especificadas siguientes.
Usted ha estado violando “Derecho de Autor y Derechos Conexos Ley o (vídeo, música, software) y utilización ilegal o distribución de contenido con derechos de autor, infringiendo así el artículo 128 del Criminal Code de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos.
El artículo 128 del Criminal Code prevé una multa de 200 a 500 salarios mínimos o la privación de libertad de 2 a 8 años.
Se le ha prohibido ver o distribuir contenido pornográfico (Child Porno zoofilia, y etc). Violando así el artículo 202 del Criminal Code de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos.
El artículo 202 del Criminal Code prevé la privación de libertad de cuatro a 12 años. Acceso ilegal a los datos informáticos se ha iniciado desde el PC, o si han sido …
El artículo 208 del Criminal Code prevé una multa de hasta MXN $100,000 y / o privación de libertad de 4 a 9 años.
Beware that Policia Federal Mexico virus displays a bogus message and you shouldn’t take it for granted. The program just tries to swindle your money away. As you see, it asks you to make a payment using Ukash or Paysafecard payment systems. These systems are based on payments using pre-paid cards, and police would never use such method to collect fines. You can be sure that this virus is not related to Mexican police in any way.
You are strongly recommended to remove Policia Federal Mexico virus from your system as soon as you detect it. Depending on the version of the ransomware there is more than one its removal method:
When Safe mode is available:
- For a Safe mode with networking to be selected restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting;
- Launch MSConfig;
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
- Restart your computer again;
- Scan your computer using Spyhunter. It will find and remove the Policia Federal Mexico virus. Below is a video showing how to complete the steps:
When Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking is blocked
- For a Safe Mode with command prompt to be selected restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- There will be a key labeled Shell under Winlogon. It should refer to Explorer.exe or be blank. If there is something else referring an executable in one of user’s folders, replace it with explorer.exe.
- Save changes, restart to safe mode with networking.
- Run msconfig and disable all unnecessary startup entries. You should be able to restart normally.
- Download Spyhunter and scan your computer using it. The tool will find and remove the Policia Federal Mexico virus. Watch the video illustrating these steps:
When none of Safe Modes can be selected
Some of the Policia Federal Mexico virus versions might block all safe modes. In such a case you will need another (uninfected) computer. Download and save Spyhunter to Bootable antivirus CD/USB disk. Insert it to an infected computer. Antivirus should start working automatically and remove the blocking.
Automatic Policia Federal Mexico Virus removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Policia Federal Mexico Virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.