Mysearchresults.com Virus - How To Remove?
Mysearchresults.com virus is an adware that infiltrates into computers without user’s consent and disturbs your work on the Internet. The program installs its toolbar on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, changes your homepage and default search provider. These changes are not only annoying but they also bring other problems.
Mysearchresults.com virus causes redirects to the websites you have never seen before that if fact can be malicious. This way you are risking to get your computer infected with malware and other kinds of threats. What is more, the program is able to collect information about what you are doing on the Internet, e.g. which websites you are visiting or what your search queries are. It can even record your logins and other personal information. If this data leaks, you will have to deal with more serious consequences.
Mysearchresults.com virus is distributed bundled with free programs. Basically, you give access to your computer while installing some free player or similar program. You should always go for Custom installation and check if there are any additional components like Mysearchresults.com toolbar and deselect this option.
If you noticed the changes mentioned before in your browser and you are constantly being redirected, your browser has definitely been hijacked. Remove Mysearchresults.com virus immediately after detecting its very first traces. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Mysearchresults.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Mysearchresults.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).