How to remove FindWide
FindWide is an annoying browser hijacker that is caused by browser addon. This program gets installed together with various shareware or freeware software. Typically, the option for adding such toolbars is checked by default and invisible during a regular install process. No wonder why many people are clueless how such virus like FindWide landed in their PC.
FindWide will redirect ones search page to its own website ( search.findwide.com ). The site displays ads from Microsoft and is probably using Bing results. While it sounds harmless, one can not be sure that this won’t change in the future or that malicious advertisement won’t be shown on the FindWide and you get infected with more malware. Thus it is better to rely on common search engines (Bing, Yahoo Google) rather than the latter one. However, it is not that easy to get this software removed. You will have to do both: uninstall it from Control Panel and then reset the search providers manually. Luckily, software like spyhunter or Adwcleaner can do this automatically for you. If you wish to do it manually, here FindWide removal instructions for every main browser:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the FindWide engines from the list
- Remove FindWide from start page as well
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the FindWide won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Remember, stay safe and keep away from shareware downloads.
Automatic FindWide removal tools
Manual FindWide removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove FindWide , such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other FindWide infected files and get help in FindWide removal by using Spyhunter scanner.