FindWide - How to remove?
FindWide is an annoying browser hijacker that is caused by browser addon. This program gets installed together with various shareware or freeware software. Typically, the option for adding such toolbars is checked by default and invisible during a regular install process. No wonder why many people are clueless how such virus like FindWide landed in their PC.
FindWide toolbar is not the addition to your browsing that we would highly put on the pedestal. It is advertised as a facility to combine search results from different searching networks but this feature is not enough to make it trustworthy. In many ways it is not considered to be appropriate for everyday searching as the produced URLs might be leading to potentially harmful domains. However, we cannot strictly say that FindWide is an browser extension which will be highly malicious and interested in shady dealings. It might become partners with unreliable third-party sources by accident or lack of security criteria. Nevertheless, it is a browser hijacker which might start to stand in the places of browsers’ preferences without a suitable pass.
We can help you recognize the first features of a browser hijacker. Firstly, it will slow down your computer. The percentage of your CPU resources being utilized is also going to be quite unexpected. It might be that your Task Manager is the window to look for bizarre processes. We hope that our visitors did not have the unfortunate experience to suffer from FindWide virus. If they are put in a compromising situation by this old (created in 2013) browser hijacker, then the following section of this article is going to be extremely helpful. Bear in mind that manual removal should be done only if you are prepared to try it for a couple of times. If you had never attempted to eliminate malware like this, then it might be quite difficult at first.
FindWide will redirect one’s search page to its own website (Search.findwide.com ). The site displays ads from Microsoft and is probably using Bing results. While it sounds harmless, one can not be sure that this won’t change in the future or that malicious advertisement won’t be shown on the FindWide and you get infected with more malware. Thus it is better to rely on common search engines (Bing, Yahoo Google) rather than the latter one. However, it is not that easy to get this software removed. You will have to do both: uninstall it from Control Panel and then reset the search providers manually. Luckily, software like spyhunter or Adwcleaner can do this automatically for you. If you wish to do it manually, here FindWide removal instructions for every main browser:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the FindWide engines from the list
- Remove FindWide from start page as well
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the FindWide won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Remember, stay safe and keep away from shareware downloads.
Automatic FindWide removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual FindWide removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove FindWide , such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.