Delta-homes.com - How to remove?
What is Delta-homes.com?
Delta-homes.com is a search hijacker that is distributed through shareware programs starting August 2013. It is part of Delta Search network – a separate domain running the same software and using the same scams for distribution. Delta Homes is used to get advertisement money by forcing you seeing (and, eventually, clicking on) advertisements. The program can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. Once there, it changes your homepage and default search provider to Delta-homes.com despite which ones you were using before. Because of the methods it uses to get into computers and make changes in the browser, the program is categorized as a potentially unwanted one (PUP) and a browser hijacker.
Although Delta-homes.com is not virus itself, it can easily bring a malware to the hijacked system. The program causes redirects to unknown websites which can be compromised and you will end up having infections in your system. Not only it adds particular sponsored websites to your search results, but it also redirect to unknown pages while you are surfing on the Internet or visiting specific websites. What is more, the program can collect information about your browsing activity (especially search queries) and send it to third parties, violating your privacy this way. Your search data might be used to redirect you to various “partner” pages as long as the makers think you will buy these things and thus they will earn commission. As Delta Homes tracks your browsing history it can also generate various popups related to your recent searches and advertise more commercial websites. Clicking on such popups may lead to being redirect to compromised websites or even downloading other potentially unwanted programs without your knowledge.
Delta Homes hijacker is rarely distributed alone. Typically, the bundles include at least one adware and one PUP optimization software as well. Thus you should not be surprised that you see other advertisements too. As already mentioned, it usually causes personalized ads to ensure they get more clicks. It is hard to track down the culprit software without cleaning all other infections that come along Delta Homes.
Try to avoid installing such applications by paying more attention to your installations. Always check if there are any additional program bundled to the main one. Usually you can see it during the installation, at one of the last steps. Refuse installing any programs that are unfamiliar to you. It is not recommended to change your homepage or default search provider to some unknown website, if the new download suggest such option. Most of the software, that contain Delta-homes.com virus bundle, installs it automatically. This option come preselected, so if you want to avoid it, you will have to deselect it.
It is strongly recommended to remove Delta-homes.com from your computer, if you have already noticed it on your system. The first thing you have to do it uninstall everything related to this hijacker from your programs list in Control Panel. Restoring your browser settings is also crucial to make ensure Delta Homes is fully eliminated. Below you can find a detailed plan how to get rid of this annoying application from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Special Delta Homes removal instructions
The main issue with Delta homes removal is that it might prevent it as it uses third party legitimate applications for freezing browser settings. This can be fixed by uninstalling all new unrecognized programs from control panel or using generic anti-malware scanner. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Delta-homes.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
How to remove Delta-homes.com using Windows Control Panel
Many hijackers and adware like Delta Homes virus install some of their components as regular windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from control panel. To access it, do following.
- Start->Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key->Search and enter Control panel (Windows 8);
- Choose Uninstall Program;
- Go through list of programs and uninstall entries related to Delta homes hijacker
and related parasites like www1.delta-search.com – Hijacker Website to Avoid , Delta Search Virus , Wsys Control , Pokki , Openmediasoft Redirect Virus , GorillaPrice Adware , Montiera Toolbars , Searchformore redirect , Internet explorer redirect virus , ServeFeed .
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter, Malwarebytes and Stopzilla to identify other programs that might be part of this infection.
This method will not remove some of browser plugins thus proceed to next part of removal guide.
How To remove Delta-homes.com from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
How To remove Delta-homes.com from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Delta-homes.com virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Delta-homes.com from the list
How to remove Delta-homes.com from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.