How to remove Delta-homes.com
Delta-homes.com is a search hijacker that is distributed through shareware programs. It is part of Delta Search network – a separate domain running the same software and using the same scams for distribution. Delta Homes is used to get advertisement money by forcing you seeing (and, eventually, clicking on) advertisements. The program can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. Once there, it changes your homepage and default search provider to Delta-homes.com despite which ones you were using before. Because of the methods it uses to get into computers and changes in the browser, the program is categorized as a potentially unwanted one (PUP) and Browser hijacker.
Although Delta-homes.com is not a malware itself, it can easily bring a malware to the hijacked system. The program causes redirects to unknown websites which can be compromised and you will end up having some infections in your system. What is more, the program can collect information about your browsing activity and send it to third parties, violating your privacy this way.
Try to avoid installing such applications by paying more attention to your installations. Always check if there are any additional program bundled to the main one. Usually you can see it during the installation, at one of the last steps. Refuse installing any programs that are unfamiliar to you. Remove Delta-homes.com from your computer, if you have already noticed it on your system.
Another Delta homes issue is that it might stop its removal as it uses third party legitimate applications for freezing browser settings. This can be fixed by uninstalling all new unrecognized programs from control panel or using generic anti-malware scanner.
Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Delta-homes.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Delta-homes.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Delta-homes.com removal tools
Manual Delta-homes.com removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Delta-homes.com, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Delta-homes.com infected files and get help in Delta-homes.com removal by using Spyhunter scanner.