Tuvaro is a minor search engine that is promoted using several toolbars and search hijacks. It is installed together with various program packages, free or shareware programs, e.g. vplay. Additionally, the search engine itself (Tuvaro.com) was used by other hijacker families on affiliate basis. The engine will get money from the ads and will pay some to the scammers that hijack your browser.
Tuvaro Toolbar is not considered to be a malware program itself. However, it is definitely an unwanted application. All other hijackers using Tuvaro, are considered malicious. I recommend using main search engines only and if the toolbar is made for hijacking the search, it is both useless and potentially dangerous.
You can avoid installing programs like Tuvaro Toolbar if you stay focused while downloading and installing any applications from the Internet. At one of the last steps of installations you can deselect what you don’t want to get installed into your computer. Never skip this step and make sure you download only reliable applications. The easiest way to get rid of the latter unwanted application is by going to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for anything related to Tuvaro toolbar on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. Depending on what browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Tuvaro from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Tuvaro and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com. For this enter about:config; look for search related settings and reset them.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
In some cases Tuvaro will install additional software that prevents browser settings from changing. Thus finally, run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. It should help to identify other unwanted Tuvaro related programs.
Automatic Tuvaro Toolbar removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Tuvaro Toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.