Search.linkeymac.com virus belongs to the group of malware which is named after its main feature. Browser hijackers “hijack” preferences and make sure that home pages, new tabs and default search providers would all remain in their control. The most recent infection we investigated was Shopperstab.com.
Linkey Mac infection is focused on invading Mac operating systems and its creators are from a recognizable developing company: Aztec Media Inc. This organization has produced many browser hijackers like Searchprotector.net and Mystart.space. Now, Aztec is introducing a hijacker, generated to infect Mac OSX.
Alarming features of Search.linkeymac.com redirect virus
Search.linkeymac.com browser hijacker arrives into operating systems with a LinkeyMac extension which promises to “simplify your Mac searching”. For full analysis, we downloaded LinkyMac.dmg installer and ran it through a number of security tools (AntiVirus scan). It was determined as malicious by a dozen security tools and labeled it either adware, Trojan, potentially unwanted program (PUP) or simply a variant of malware.
During the generation of results to search queries, users should be able to briefly notice Blpsearch.com link. Immediately after that, a page from Search.yahoo.com is presented with a list of relevant URLs. Also, Linkeymac.com virus promotes Torch Browser gaming domain; therefore, it could be associated with iLivid infection. If you notice that settings in Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are being set to prefer an unknown search engine, you should come to terms with the fact that your device is infected with malware viruses.
We also found out that Search.linkeymac.com malware infection will also promote MacShiny: a potentially unwanted program, also meant to serve Mac operating systems. We hope you won’t decide to keep any of these suspicious tools and stick to using respectable search engines and security programs. Linkeymac.com hijacker is the most noticeable in the United States: over 80% of web traffic comes from this country. Significantly smaller numbers originate from other regions: Philippines, France, Egypt, and Spain.
Remember to avoid products from Aztec Media Inc. They are only generating a multitude of search engines for profit, earned after platforms hijack browsers’ settings and refuse to leave. A few of Aztec’s engines are the following: Search.mytab.club, Safeforsearch.net and Default-search.net.
Tips that will help you avoid malware
If you do not have any idea about how malware infections should be averted, we are here to lend you a hand. First of all, always install applications in advanced/custom modes. This will allow you to make adjustments to the set conditions. If you are being offered any additional programs, it is important to refuse them. Many freeware tools, offered during installation processes, belong to potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) or are considered as malicious. We hope that your operating system won’t become filled with unknown applications. If this happens, attempt to remove all unwanted software. In order to get rid of Search.linkeymac.com browser hijacker, we have prepared special instructions, adjusted for Mac users.
For the future, please remember that every operating system should be protected by a strong anti-malware tool. If it is not, then computers can begin to malfunction, proceed slower than usual and become infected with additional malware parasites. We recommend downloading the Combo Cleaner security tool and use it for regular scans.
TopHow to remove Search.linkeymac.com virus from Google Chrome on Mac:
- Open Chrome browser.
- Enter in the url field “chrome://extensions” address and hit Enter.
- Find Search.linkeymac.com virus on the extensions list and click on the recycle bin icon next to it.
- Click on 'Chrome' button at the top left corner. Select 'Preferences' on a drop-down menu box.
- Find 'Search' options on Settings tab. If your search engine is changed, click 'Manage Search Engines' and set your preferred search engine.
- On the same page find 'Show home button' checkbox and change your homepage.
- On the 'Preferences' menu window, scroll down to the bottom and find 'Reset settings' button. Click it.
- Confirm your selection and click 'Reset' on the following window.
How To remove Search.linkeymac.com virus from Firefox on Mac OS:
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press cmd+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions list, remove everything Search.linkeymac.com virus related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- Enter “about:preferences” in URL bar and hit enter.
- Open Search settings tab.
- If your search engine is changed, click 'Default Search Engines' and set your preferred search engine.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Preferences-> General. Enter a preferable URL to the home page field.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button.
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Search.linkeymac.com virus from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall linkeymac virus and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.
Automatic Malware removal tools