AV Security Suite is a fake antivirus which was invented by “famous” Antivirus Live family. AVSecuritySuite simply follows its earlier released copies called Antivirus Soft and Antispyware Soft, so you should already know its tactics and targeted goals. Typically, AVSecuritySuite gets on board through dishonest methods and then attempts to gain the purchases of its license. For example, this program will claim that your computer is heavily infected with tons of Trojans and you need to purchase licensed its version if you want to save your machine. Don’t fall into this! Only AV Security Suite must be removed from the system because it is a tricky rogue anti-spyware which has no spywares detection or removal engine.
AV security Suite is known to block various websites. When you try opening website your browser displays information like this:
This website has been reported as unsafe
We recommend that you do not continue to this website. This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.
Network operations can be restored by disabling AV Security Suite processes in safe mode with networking AND fixing networking configuration, (most often disabling Proxy settings, removing browser add-ons).
AV Security Suite popups will look like this:
Windows Security alert
Application cannot be executed. The file mbam.exe is infected.
Do you want to active your antivirus software now?
Application infected! The file rundll32.exe is infected. Do you want to ALLOW this application now?
Windows Security alert
Windows reports that computer is infected. Antivirus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. Click here for the scan your computer. Your system might be at risk now.
Antivirus software alert
Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan-dropper or similar.
AV Security Suite is propagated through malicious PDF files mostly that exploit some Adobe Reader vulnerabilities and drop trojans or other malware into the user’s system. After that, rogueware starts running as soon as PC is boots up and begins its activity: starts system scanners, displays misleading notifications and popups. Many of the popups claim that regular programs are infected, which is not true. Be sure, that upcoming malware attack is usually announced by AVSecuritySuite for one and only goal which is to make you purchase its useless license. Trying to be successful even more, it will also show continuous pop-up ads about “infected files” detected on the system and also will not allow running any application except itself and “iexplore.exe”.
There are three versions of AV Security Suite that you will be suggested to purchase: AV Security Suite Basic, AV Security Suite Pro and AV Security Suite Platinum. However, all of them are completely useless. You should bear in mind that even though AV Security Suite seems to be a legit antivirus and anti-spyware solution, it’s in fact only a dangerous commercial project. AV Security Suite is not capable of detecting or eliminating any malware because it has no antivirus engine. All AV Security Suite can do is triggering its continuous ads that try to scare users into thinking their computers are in danger. If you get any of these symptoms mentioned above, run your legit anti-spyware and delete AV Security Suite with its associated files. If you also notice that you cannot browse to any website, make sure that your proxy settings in IE are not changed. It’s is also usually done by AV Security Suite. Use the guide given below to make your computer normally functioning and remove AV Security Suite.
Special notes on how to get rid of AV Security Suite
Temporally stopping AV Security Suite processes to prevent it from blocking removal process.
1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8” key constantly. Use the arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option as shown in the image below, and then press ENTER.
2. Start task manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time. This should be done after system is starting and processes are still loading.
3. Check for processes with names consisting of random letters, 6-8 letters in name usually. Stop them
Steps for fixing internet connection (full guide here https://www.2-viruses.com/how-to-fix-google-results-hijacker-google-redirect-virus-problem
4. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
5. In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab. Then click on the LAN settings button.
6. Now you will see Local Area Network (LAN) settings window. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
7. Download and scan PC with spyhunterPCTools Spyware Doctor[/spdoc] or Malwarebytes to identify files and processes, infected with AV Security Suite. Typically, they will be in one of your user subfolders. DELETE these files.
8. Start MSConfig and disable all startup programs that are found with Spyware Doctor or clearly belong to undesired programs.
9. Reboot, and do a full system scan again. You might consider fixing registry entries by running registry cleaner.
Remember, that AV Security Suite infection can be prevented by keeping your OS, Adobe reader and antivirus/antimalware/firewall softwares up to date.
Automatic Malware removal tools