Firewall of the United States virus - How to remove?
Firewall of the United States virus is a ransomware that infiltrates into your computer using deceptive methods and completely blocks your system. The program imitates a notification by a governmental institution stating that your computer has been blocked due to illegally downloaded material that is stored on your computer. The message basically looks like this:
The Firewall of the United States
This Computer has been blocked to Americans by the US Government Firewall
All Activity of this computer has been recorded
Illegally downloaded material (audio, video or software) has been located on this computer
By downloading, those were reproduced, thereby involving a criminal offense under Section 106 of Copyright Act.
As you see the Firewall of the United States virus accuses you on using copyrighted files with no permission. Most importantly, it keeps your system blocked so you cannot access any of your files or use programs and tells you to pay a fine of 200 dollars using GreenDot MoneyPak payment system. It is quite easy to see that a message is a scam, as no governmental institution would use such ways to inform you about violating law. Moreover, it would never collect the fines using pre-paid cards. However, we must admit that the Firewall of the United States virus manages to trick a big number of users because of its professional interface, the ability to block computer and using governmental name.
You may have already be familiar with this kind of programs as lately computer hackers created a bunch of Ukash, Moneypak, Paysafecard, etc. related ransomware programs that are trying to rip computer users off. So do not fall for another trick by cyber criminals. You should remove the Firewall of the United States virus as soon as you notice it on your computer. It’s a serious infection that that can steal money from you and damage your computer system. If your computer has been blocked by this badware follow the instructions below to fix this problem:
1. Restart your computer, press F8 while it is restarting
2. Choose safe mode with networking
3. Launch MSConfig
4. Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
5. Restart your computer again.
7. Scan with http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to find the file and remove it.
If you cannot use Safe Mode, try rebooting into safe mode with command prompt. Here are steps how to do it:
- Reboot into safe mode with command prompt. The Firewall of the United States virus should not be launched this time.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- There will be a key labeled Shell under Winlogon. It should refer to Explorer.exe or be blank. If there is something else referring an executable in one of users folders, replace it with explorer.exe.
- Save changes, reboot to safe mode with networking.
- Run msconfig and disable all unnecessary startup entries. You should be able to reboot normally.
- Install and run http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe. Scan with it the PC and delete the Firewall of the United States virus executables it finds.
Automatic Firewall of the United States virus removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Firewall of the United States virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Firewall of United States virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Firewall of United States virus infected files and get help in Firewall of United States virus removal by using Reimage scanner.