How to remove Search.yac.mx virus
Search.yac.mx virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to computers together with free downloads from the Internet. Once inside, the program replaces both your default search engine and homepage. These changes are made without a user’s permission, just like a couple more modifications in your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Search.yac.mx virus is developed to advertise various websites and boost their traffic. It constantly includes them to your search results and redirects you when you browse the Internet. In fact, the creators of Search.yac.mx virus earn money from clicks on affiliate links. The program may also collect information about your browsing habits and send it to the third parties.
This browser hijacker infiltrates into computers together with various free programs that users download from the Internet by themselves. This means that you can actually avoid installation of Search.yac.mx virus. All you have to do is to pay more attention to your downloads and follow the installation steps every time you are downloading something. You should notice some pre-checked confirmation boxes saying that you agree to change your homepage or download additional applications. It is always recommended to deselect such boxes.
Remove Search.yac.mx virus from your computer once you detect its activity on any of your browsers. At first, remove it from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Search.yac.mx virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Search.yac.mx from the list
How To remove Search.yac.mx virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Search.yac.mx virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Search.yac.mx virus removal tools
Manual Search.yac.mx virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove yac virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other yac virus infected files and get help in yac virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.