HeadlineAlley Toolbar - How to remove?
What is HeadlineAlley Toolbar?
HeadlineAlley Toolbar is un unwanted program which is added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. It was designed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. The program appears on your browser after installing some other program to your computer. Although you can download this program from its official website, most of the times, it enters computers bundled with other software. HeadlineAlley Toolbar is considered to be unwanted because of numerous redirect it causes and the moths it uses to get into computers.
Once inside the targeted system, the program changes setting of your main browser which enable the program to perform its further steps. Your homepage will be changed to mywebsearch.com and HeadlineAlley Toolbar will becomes the main search provider. The annoying thing is that it the program changes the search results and includes lots of sponsored links. This way it brings traffic to specific websites. However, it disturbs user’s work very badly and you can be forced to visit some malicious websites.
To remove HeadlineAlley Toolbar you should either scan your computer using special browser hijacker removal tools, like Spyhunter or follow manual removal instructions. You may also need to change your home page via tools >internet options before restarting your computer after running the scan and deleting the infected files.
Manual removal instructions:
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list. Search for anything related to HeadlineAlley Toolbar or mywebsearch.com. Remove it. It might be that more than one unwanted application was installed therefore it is recommended to remove anything that was added on the same day and you did not add it intentionally. Once again, if you are not computer savvy, use automatic removal, e.g. Spyhunter;
- Go to browser extensions and remove all unnecessary ones:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Search for HeadlineAlley Toolbar or mywebsearch.com. If you find any entries, disable them.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related HeadlineAlley Toolbar or mywebsearch.com, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” ->; “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to HeadlineAlley Toolbar or mywebsearch.com, disable them.
- Change your home page, default search engine and new tab page to the one you used before infection.
- Scan your computer, using antimalware tool, e.g. Spyhunter for any possible infections to be removed.
Automatic HeadlineAlley Toolbar removal tools
Manual HeadlineAlley Toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove HeadlineAlley Toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other HeadlineAlley Toolbar infected files and get help in HeadlineAlley Toolbar removal by using Spyhunter scanner.