HeadlineAlley Toolbar - How to remove?
HeadlineAlley Toolbar is un unwanted program which is added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. It was designed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. The program appears on your browser after installing some other program to your computer. Although you can download this program from its official website, most of the times, it enters computers bundled with other software. HeadlineAlley Toolbar is considered to be unwanted because of numerous redirect it causes and the moths it uses to get into computers.
Once inside the targeted system, the program changes setting of your main browser which enable the program to perform its further steps. Your homepage will be changed to mywebsearch.com and HeadlineAlley Toolbar will becomes the main search provider. The annoying thing is that it the program changes the search results and includes lots of sponsored links. This way it brings traffic to specific websites. However, it disturbs user’s work very badly and you can be forced to visit some malicious websites.
To remove HeadlineAlley Toolbar you should either scan your computer using special browser hijacker removal tools, like Spyhunter or follow manual removal instructions. You may also need to change your home page via tools >internet options before restarting your computer after running the scan and deleting the infected files.
Manual removal instructions:
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list. Search for anything related to HeadlineAlley Toolbar or mywebsearch.com. Remove it. It might be that more than one unwanted application was installed therefore it is recommended to remove anything that was added on the same day and you did not add it intentionally. Once again, if you are not computer savvy, use automatic removal, e.g. Spyhunter;
- Go to browser extensions and remove all unnecessary ones:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Search for HeadlineAlley Toolbar or mywebsearch.com. If you find any entries, disable them.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related HeadlineAlley Toolbar or mywebsearch.com, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” ->; “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to HeadlineAlley Toolbar or mywebsearch.com, disable them.
- Change your home page, default search engine and new tab page to the one you used before infection.
- Scan your computer, using antimalware tool, e.g. Spyhunter for any possible infections to be removed.
On behalf of developers of HeadlineAlley Toolbar we were asked to remove this article due to false information on it. However, we feel like this post is correct and helpful to our readers. HeadlineAlley Toolbar and other software developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. can be detected and recognised as viruses or potentially unwanted software by various anti-malware tools. Toolbars developed by Mindspark share same EULA (End User License Agreement) that is mislieding. It claims that this software is not an adware or malware, while there are statements that toolbars might display advertisements from 3rd parties or monetise toolbars in other ways. By definition such software is considered as an adware. All articles posted on www.2-viruses.com regarding products of Mindspark are correct.
Please notice that we are affiliated with several trustworthy anti-malware tools and information about our affiliates can be found in disclosure (see the link at the bottom of this page). Some of those tools are paid while other ones can be used for free. We provide free manual removal guides as well.