Vuze Driver Booster is a potentially unwanted program that offers to update your drivers. Vuze Driver Booster gets flagged by antivirus scanners and it changes money for the completely unnecessary function of updating your device drivers. It is not dangerous, but you might want to avoid it.
Vuze Driver Booster quicklinks
- What are the problems with Vuze Driver Booster?
- Vuze Driver Booster is a potentially unwanted program
- Do you need a driver updater?
- How to uninstall Vuze Driver Booster
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Uninstall programs manually
- How to remove Vuze Driver Booster using Windows Control Panel
About Vuze Driver Booster:
|Threat type||Potentially unwanted program.|
|Problems with Vuze Driver Booster||It is a very unnecessary program,
it gets flagged by anti-malware scanners,
it is accused of slightly deceptive behavior.
|Driver updating alternatives||Update your drivers with Windows Update and device manufacturer apps.|
|How to uninstall Vuze Driver Booster||Uninstall it manually,
cancel unwanted subscriptions.
What are the problems with Vuze Driver Booster?
Vuze Driver Booster is a potentially unwanted program
Vuze Driver Booster is a driver updating utility for Windows PCs. It can be downloaded from Vuzedriverbooster.com. It’s made by Azureus Software. The same company has also made a VPN called VuzeVPN and a BitTorrent client.
Unfortunately, Vuze Driver Booster’s setup file gets flagged by a few very respectable antivirus scanners. It’s labeled as Trojan, Malware, and Unsafe, as you can see on this VirusTotal page.
In addition, the software receptor watchdog AppEsteem has called out Vuze Driver Booster for engaging in deceptive behavior:
- for not providing enough information on why it flagged certain drivers as outdated,
- for using a hidden folder to install the software,
- for advertising additional software during support phone calls.
This does not mean that Vuze Driver Booster is harmful or dangerous. Just that you should think very carefully before using it. Do you really need Vuze Driver Booster? Do you understand well why you are installing it?
Vuze Driver Booster appears to advertise PureVPN and UltraVPN.
Do you need a driver updater?
It is unnecessary to pay money for a driver manager. More than that, it is risky to trust your drivers to a third-party website or program.
Drivers are little programs that allow hardware components to talk to your operating system. From your speakers to your printers, everything needs a driver. And you usually need the correct driver to take advantage of all the features of your device (for example, to animate the colors of RGB mice and keyboards) and to keep the device compatible with your constantly updated operating system.
Printer malfunctions, strange visual artifacts, and other hardware problems are often caused by incompatible drivers. Device manufacturers sometimes release new drivers for their devices where they fix bugs and improve compatibility with the operating system (Windows, others).
Vuze Driver Booster offers to manage driver updates by scanning your computer and finding available driver updates. Then it downloads and installs them.
According to Vuze Driver Booster, its device drivers are “tested and certified by Microsoft”. Because, well, Microsoft installs new drivers with Windows Update. It does this for free, in the background.
Vuze Driver Booster is completely unnecessary. It’s better to trust your drivers to Windows Update and to your device manufacturers (Nvidia, AMD, and other companies offer their own free driver managers and let you download drivers from their websites).
Vuze Driver Booster might claim that it can update drivers faster than Windows can, but it’s not an urgent thing to install new drivers. As long as your devices are working, there’s no need to worry about new drivers.
How to uninstall Vuze Driver Booster
If you subscribed to Vuze Driver Booster, you might want to cancel the subscription.
Vuze Driver Booster can be uninstalled in the Control Panel as described below. It can also be removed in Settings->Apps and features.
After uninstalling the program, don’t forget to check the folder C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\Programs\Vuze Driver Booster. When I uninstalled Vuze Driver Booster, its executable was still left there. You can delete it manually.
Or use anti-malware apps like Spyhunter or Malwarebytes to find malware, potentially unwanted programs, bundlers, and other junkware. It’s possible that Vuze Driver Booster is not the only app that would be best deleted.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Uninstall programs manually
How to remove Vuze Driver Booster using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Vuze Driver Booster install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Vuze Driver Booster . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Vuze Driver Booster easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.