Video Download Converter Toolbar is a browser hijacker that can be installed to computers bundled with free software from the Internet. Once inside, the program makes lots of changes in your browser. It can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and even Safari browsers. Once there, it changes your homepage to home.tb.ask.com and sets your default search provider to search.tb.ask.com.
About Video Download Converter Toolbar
Video Download Converter Toolbar seeks to collect information about your browsing habits. This information is usually used for marketing related purposes. The program also displays many advertisements and it can redirect your to various sponsored websites when you will try to make a search. As you know, visiting unknown pages can lead to getting various infections. You may also install more potentially unwanted program without your intentions.
As you see, Video Download Converter Toolbar is used to boost traffic to certain pages and to get information that could be used to advertise more websites in future. It does not bring any benefits for users, therefore it should be removed as soon as possible. You should also make sure to avoid similar programs. To learn about how Video Download Converter Toolbar infiltrates into random computers and how to avoid it, read the next part of this article.
Distribution Methods of Video Download Converter Toolbar
Video Download Converter Toolbar is mainly installed together with other applications as an additional application. You should be more careful about your downloads. Every time you get a new program, carefully follow each step of the installation. If you see that it offers getting any additional applications, make sure you don’t allow it to install any unknown ones. That is how all kind of unwanted programs are usually infiltrated into random systems. Opt for Custom or Advanced installation mode to be sure you see all additional downloads that attempt to enter your system.
Remove Video Download Converter Toolbar as soon as you detect it on your browser. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. The best way to do it is by scanning your system with Spyhunter or another reliable anti-malware programs, as they identify such programs quite well. Remember that uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Video Download Converter Toolbar from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Video Download Converter Toolbar quicklinks
- About Video Download Converter Toolbar
- Distribution Methods of Video Download Converter Toolbar
- Automatic Malware removal tools
On behalf of developers of Video Download Converter Toolbar we were asked to remove this article due to false information on it. However, we feel like this post is correct and helpful to our readers. Video Download Converter Toolbar and other software developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. can be detected and recognised as viruses or potentially unwanted software by various anti-malware tools. Toolbars developed by Mindspark share same EULA (End User License Agreement) that is mislieding. It claims that this software is not an adware or malware, while there are statements that toolbars might display advertisements from 3rd parties or monetise toolbars in other ways. By definition such software is considered as an adware. All articles posted on www.2-viruses.com regarding products of Mindspark are correct.
Please notice that we are affiliated with several trustworthy anti-malware tools and information about our affiliates can be found in disclosure (see the link at the bottom of this page). Some of those tools are paid while other ones can be used for free. We provide free manual removal guides as well.
Automatic Malware removal tools