Security Suite is a rogue anti-virus which looks perfectly similar to the earlier released Antivir Solution Pro. This program is famous for its ability to disable the whole OS and Internet Explorer as soon as it gets on board undetected. Just like this malicious predecessor, SecuritySuite uses Trojans for distribution, that camouflage themselves under the name of video codecs “needed” for watching movies online. When people are tricked into thinking that they should definitely install this flash update and click on a pop-up, they install nothing else but Security Suite.
Once on board and active, Security Suite, or sometimes called SecuritySuite Demo, starts a misleading campaign which is expected to convince users that they have tons of viruses on their computers. All this is done through fake system scanners, alerts and notifications designed to interrupt every three minutes or even more frequently. Being configured to start automatically just after windows starts, Security Suite displays alerts mostly looking like that:
Windows Security Alert
Windows reports that computer is infected. Antivirus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. Click here for the scan your computer. Your system might be at risk now.
Antivirus software alert
Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, trojan – dropper or similar.
Do you want to block this attack? Yes or No
However, nothing is “blocked” by Security Suite without a payment. Rogue anti-antivirus claims that for getting ability to remove all these infections “detected” people must purchase the licensed version. Trying to push people into that, Windows are configured to use a proxy server which displays fake warnings when browsing the Web and may even cause continuous redirections.
Internet Explorer warning – visiting this site may harm your computer! Most likely causes:
• The website contains exploits that can launch a malicious code on your computer
• Suspicious network activity detected
• There might be an active spyware running on your computer
What you can try:
• Purchase for secure Internet surfing (Recommended)
• Check your computer for viruses and malware
In fact, Security Suite has no spyware or virus detection or removal engine, it just simply imitates these actions trying to rip people off. Malware is also known to block other legitimate programs found running on the machine to save itself from being eliminated. In this situation it claims that all other programs that you have on board are infected, for example:
Application cannot be executed. The file notepad.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now.
So, don’t hesitate and delete Security Suite once you see its pop-up advertisements. It should be clear that you need to check your computer with a reputable anti-spyware if you want to get rid of it completely and also contact your credit card company if you have already purchased this scam. For the Security Suite removal, follow the instructions below:
Special notes for Security Suite removal
1. Restart your computer and before it launches Windows, start tapping “F8” key. Highlight “Safe Mode with Networking” with arrow keys and press ENTER.
2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager. Check for the processes with names of random letters and stop them.
3. Open Internet Explorer, choose Tools menu and select Internet Options.
4. Click on the Connections tab and then on the LAN Settings button. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
5. Download a free scanner spyhunterPC Tools Spyware Doctor[/spdoc] and run a full system scan. Delete files identified as infected.
Automatic Malware removal tools