Pro Search Tip (on Prosearchtip.com) is an extension for Chrome and Safari browsers. Once installed, forces the browser to open Prosearchtip.com.
You might only catch a glimpse of Prosearchtip.com when, after typing a search query into your search bar, the address Search.prosearchtip.com flashes for a second.
Or Prosearchtip.com might appear very obviously every time you start your browser.
Either way, Pro Search Tip is an unhelpful, useless extension that opens unwanted websites and hijacks your web search.
Pro Search Tip Hijacker quicklinks
- Is Prosearchtip.com dangerous?
- How does Prosearchtip.com infect browsers?
- How to stop redirects to Prosearchtip.com
- Automatic Malware removal tools
Is Prosearchtip.com dangerous?
Pro Search Tip is affiliated with Next-search.net by ClientConnect. It seems like Next-search.net provides (or used to provide) some of Pro Tip Search’s services.
All that Pro Search Tip does is manipulate web searches. It’s not super dangerous, just very annoying and disrespectful.
In the worst cases, malicious extensions can record information about users’ search habits (which can include a lot of personal information), direct them to phishing websites and steal their passwords, display their clients’ ads, direct users to malicious or infected websites which could download malware. Even if an extension is not doing anything right now, shady developers push malicious updates or sell access to advertisers or cybercriminals.
Luckily, Pro Search Tip doesn’t seem to do anything worse than show unwanted targeted advertisements. However, if Pro Search Tip was installed without your consent, what other extensions could infiltrate your browser without your knowledge?
How does Prosearchtip.com infect browsers?
I mentioned that users install Pro Search Tip unintentionally. But how can one install something by accident?
We must always be careful online. Unwanted apps sneak on our computers thanks to deceptive ads, freeware bundlers, etc.
Bundlers like InstallCore, OfferCore, and similar, show ads inside installers. Bundling is a way for the distributors of free software to make some money and is not inherently harmful, but it is frowned upon by those who care about cybersecurity because of how it can be misused to spread adware, spyware, and other malware.
When installing free software, you might be presented with optional offers. Check each screen and checkbox carefully and decline every offer for unwanted software.
Sometimes it’s easy to notice the optional offer and decide if you want it. Other times the additional programs are not even revealed to you.
Deceptive ads might also be used to promote the Prosearchtip.com extension. Misleading ads, links, and buttons might lead you to install browser add-ons or download files that you don’t want and that end up infecting your browser with adware.
How to stop redirects to Prosearchtip.com
The Prosearchtip.com extension is available for Google Chrome and Safari. You can remove it in browser settings or from the extension area. It’s also a good idea to check your search settings. The instructions can be found below.
Pro Search Tip is associated with companies that have developed search hijackers in the past. So, it’s possible that more than one unwanted browser add-on is installed. Check your extensions thoroughly.
In case that some bundler or adware has lead you to install this browser hijacker, scan your machine with Spyhunter for PC, Spyhunter for Mac, Combo Cleaner for Mac, or others. Security programs can help you find and remove malware.
Automatic Malware removal tools
TopHow To remove Pro Search Tip Hijacker from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Pro Search Tip Hijacker, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How to remove Pro Search Tip Hijacker from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Pro Search Tip and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.