My Inbox Helper is a computer virus that can attack your web browser and eventually change the way you browse the Internet. That’s because this infection is a browser hijacker. It comes as a browser add-on, gets added to the list of active extensions, and then makes various changes to personal settings without asking for permission.
Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com may also be known as My Inbox Helper, Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.tools, and Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com. All these names refer to roughly the same browser hijacker – My Inbox Helper.
Downloadmyinboxhelper Virus quicklinks
- Why Should You Avoid My Inbox Helper?
- My Inbox Helper is a potentially unwanted program
- Malware, Privacy, and Malicious Ads
- How My Inbox Helper Infected Your Computer and How To Remove It
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Erase Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com
- How to remove downloadmyinboxhelper Virus using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove downloadmyinboxhelper Virus from macOS
It is simple to know whether your computer is infected with the My Inbox Helper malware: Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com, Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.tools, or Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com hijacks the new tab page.
To open the new tab page in your web browser, press the little plus ‘+’ button at the top or press the keyboard keys Ctrl and T for Windows or Cmd and T for macOS. If Downloadmyinboxhelper or Hdownloadmyinboxhelper comes up, your web browser has been hijacked.
Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com can also show pop-up ads in the corner of your screen. This is caused by the site hijacking notification settings.
If you have found yourself in this unfortunate situation and don’t know how to get rid of the My Inbox Helper potentially unwanted program, we are here to help you – we will provide you with detailed instructions on how to get rid of Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com quickly and easily. You will also find the most relative information about this malware in the article, so please continue reading.
Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com in short:
|Threat type||Browser hijacker.|
|Effects of the hijacking||My Inbox Helper influences your browsing activity to steer you to certain websites,
it also collects data on your browsing history for use in advertising,
other potentially unwanted browser add-ons being installed,
pop-up ads from Downloadmyinboxhelper.com.
|Causes of the problem||The My Inbox Helper extension being installed on the browser.|
|How to remove Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com||Uninstall My Inbox Helper and other unwanted browser extensions,
block notifications from unwanted sites.
Why Should You Avoid My Inbox Helper?
My Inbox Helper is a potentially unwanted program
My Inbox Helper is distributed in a way that leads people to install it unintentionally. It also makes unwanted changes to your settings without warning you, such as setting Downloadmyinboxhelper/Hdownloadmyinboxhelper as your home page. Finally, these My Inbox Helper sites monetize their audiences by delivering various advertisements, redirecting users to other websites, collecting their private information, and so on.
The extension My Inbox Helper is described as a free tool that will help you access your email accounts. But it largely fails at that – it only offers links to a few popular email providers and still requires a few clicks to open them. The Downloadmyinboxhelper sites are much more focused on advertising than on improving email access.
After My Inbox Helper is installed, it changes both the new tab and the default search provider to Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com, Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com, or Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.tool. It may also change the notification settings so that it can show pop-ups on your screen any time your browser is open.
As a result, it might look as if an adware virus was installed on your computer.
Malware, Privacy, and Malicious Ads
Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com was developed by Polarity Technologies LTD. This company is responsible for creating many newtab viruses – Search.searchmmd.com, Search.mydailyversexp.com, Search.search-el.com, others. So it isn’t really shocking that My Inbox Helper is just another malicious extension.
In fact, My Inbox Helper is detected by many antivirus scanners as Malicious, Adware, and even Trojan. Antivirus vendors appear to agree unanimously that My Inbox Helper is bad news.
What Information Do We Collect?
Polarity may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Information you provide us. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you contact us, including your email address.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device Information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model and operating system version).
- Log InformationWhen you use our Services or view content provided by Polarity, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Search activity when you use web search services (such as search queries) (“Search Data”).
- Internet protocol address (“IP Address”)
- The type of browser you are using when using our Services, including your browser’s “user agent” (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, and other browsers)
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser language, and the date and time of your request and referral URL
- Your geographic location
- The Domain name of your Internet service provider
- The source of traffic acquisition
- Date of traffic acquisition, and
- Time and date of certain browser events such as:
- Chrome extensions enabled
- Homepage/new tab rendered
- Search query performed
- Search performed on search engine results page (“SERP”)
- Search term on SERP
- Paid advertisements clicked on SERP
- Organic advertisements clicked on SERP
- Icons clicked on Home page/New Tab Page
- Uninstalls of extension
- Views on landing page
- Clicks on an action button on landing page
- Cancellations of extension installation
- Acceptance of extension installation
- Disablement of extension
The data that My Inbox Helper collects might include some personal information. And this information could be transferred to third parties or used for targeted advertising.
Also, by using Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com or Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com, you might be exposed to a lot of sponsored results that might promote unsafe content. Expect lower quality ads than those you see on mainstream websites.
You might also have noticed an additional toolbar that is presented on Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com. It features links to various affiliated websites. They offer weather forecasts, news, and other seemingly useful resources. However, most of these sites are not very valuable – they’re clickbait sites, most of their content is ads. They show lots of ads by Revcontent and the same permissive privacy policies. It’s better to stay away from them.
How My Inbox Helper Infected Your Computer and How To Remove It
My Inbox Helper most likely came to your computer bundled with other free software that can be downloaded from the Internet. It is a classic method to distribute malware. To avoid malicious bundlers, we suggest keeping your computer secured with anti-malware software that has real-time protection feature.
To get rid of My Inbox Helper and to remove Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com/Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com from your home page, you should delete all unwanted programs and browser extensions.
Then, manually check the settings of your web browser in order to restore the normal order that was before the infection.
Make sure to check your notification settings. Block Search.downloadmyinboxhelper.com/Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com and other sites from sending you unwanted pop-ups.
Check the settings of your web browser and, if needed, remove any traces of the My Inbox Helper hijacker. We have a detailed guide on how to do that below this article – please read it carefully. If you still have any questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask them.
Automatic Malware removal tools
How to remove downloadmyinboxhelper Virus using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like My Inbox Helper Virus install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to downloadmyinboxhelper Virus . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make My Inbox Helper Virus easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove downloadmyinboxhelper Virus from macOSDelete My Inbox Helper Virus from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the downloadmyinboxhelper Virus app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove My Inbox Helper Virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to My Inbox Helper Virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove My Inbox Helper Virus from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything My Inbox Helper Virus related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove My Inbox Helper Virus from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove My Inbox Helper Virus from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall downloadmyinboxhelper Virus and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.