Direct Game UNI Installer is an installer for free programs, often used by a free games website. Direct Game UNI Installer is not a serious malicious program, but it might cause a little trouble by bringing potentially unwanted programs to your computer.
If you find Direct Game UNI Installer on your computer, it’s recommended to check your computer with an antivirus scanner. See if there are any potentially unwanted programs and adware that you might want to delete.
Direct Game Uni Installer quicklinks
- What is Direct Game UNI Installer?
- Problems with the installer
- How to remove Direct Game UNI Installer
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- How to remove Direct Game UNI Installer using Windows Control Panel
About Direct Game UNI Installer:
potentially unwanted program.
|How Direct Game UNI Installer works||It wraps the installers of other programs and bundles them with promoted software.|
|Problems and issues||Potentially unwanted programs might be bundled with the installer.|
|How to remove Direct Game UNI Installer||Use antivirus programs (Spyhunter for PC, Combo Cleaner for Mac, others) to remove malware,
manually remove browser hijackers.
What is Direct Game UNI Installer?
Direct Game UNI Installer is a downloader and installer used by websites to distribute and install software. It is related to GamesLOL, or Games.lol. This is a site that allows mobile games to be played on PC. It’s not well-liked by antivirus scanners (Virustotal.com).
Downloaders like Direct Game UNI Installer are meant to allow sites to bundle adware and other potentially unwanted programs. It’s like a container – it includes the installer for the program, as well as some optional offers, or ads. InstallCore is another example.
If you download a free program from the internet, you might get Direct Game UNI Installer – but you won’t know that you’re downloading it. You might be lead to believe that you’re downloading a free game and nothing else.
So if you find Direct Game UNI Installer on your computer, you might have just downloaded it by accident. If one potentially unwanted program infiltrated your PC, others might have, too. Check your installed programs, the Downloads folder, and your browser settings.
Problems with the installer
The problems with Direct Game UNI Installer are the same as with every freeware bundler: it bundles potentially unwanted programs. You could accidentally allow adware or an intrusive optimizer to be installed on your device:
- Browser hijackers and search hijackers. These add-ons are offered as tools to “enhance” your browser.
- PC optimizers. Programs that scan your computer, find a few logs and cookies, then tell you that your computer needs to be “cleaned”.
- Adware viruses. They’re similar to browser hijackers.
As you can see, Direct Game UNI Installer is not all that dangerous. It’s unlikely to cause any real problems. At the same time, it’s not something that should be ignored. It can cause a lot of annoying problems, like search redirects, which could, in the long run, lead you to more malicious programs.
Freeware installers like Direct Game UNI Installer get detected by antivirus scanners as Adware and Downloaders. So, if you have an antivirus scanner protecting your computer, you might get a warning about it. However,
How to remove Direct Game UNI Installer
Use an antivirus program, such as Spyhunter for Windows, Combo Cleaner for macOS, and others, to scan your computer and remove Direct Game UNI Installer and any other potentially unwanted programs that might be lurking on your computer.
And review your recently-installed programs and uninstall them yourself. You can check them in your Control Panel or in your Settings, the Apps section. Plus, to see if Direct Game UNI Installer brought any adware viruses or browser hijackers, check what browser extensions you have installed on your browsers. If you find a shady browser add-on installed on your computer, then you might want to reset your passwords after removing it.
At the same time, do not panic about this infection. Besides some browser redirects and annoying pop-ups, Direct Game UNI Installer shouldn’t cause any big issues. It’s just a potentially unwanted program that advertises other potentially unwanted programs.
Automatic Malware removal tools
How to remove Direct Game UNI Installer using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Direct Game UNI Installer install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Direct Game UNI Installer . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Direct Game UNI Installer easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.