ClixSense Toolbar - How To Remove?
ClixSense Toolbar is a browser hijacker that can be installed to random computer systems together with other programs. The program usually comes bundled with free software. Once inside, it modifies some browser settings. The program changes your default search provider and homepage to search.conduit.com. This website causes tons of redirections when you try to make a search and also shows various ads.
ClixSense Toolbar seeks to advertise various pages and for this reason includes many sponsored links to your search results and constantly reroutes to unknown websites. What is more, the program collects information about your search queries and other data that you enter while browsing the Internet. Later this information can be used for marketing purposes.
ClixSense Toolbar is not considered to be a virus. The program is categorized as a potentially unwanted program and it its advisable to remove it straight after detecting it on your system. Otherwise, you will risk to get your computer infected in a very near futures. To remove ClixSense Toolbar, go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see it listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove ClixSense Toolbar from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after ClixSense Toolbar is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.
Automatic ClixSense Toolbar removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove ClixSense Toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.