Clean This is a dangerous cyber threat which should be never trusted because it tries only to rip people off. It hails from the same family of rogues’ as ThinkPoint virus which is known as one of the most annoying malwares. When this malware is on board, it starts displaying its misleading alerts and scanners that may look trustworthy for you but should be ignored every time they appear. Think about it: can the program which appears out of nowhere be legitimate? CleanThis is distributed with a help of Trojans that use security vulnerabilities to get inside the system undetected. Additionally, users start noticing annoying security notifications and scanners that report about serious problems. Ignore all alerts got from Clean This virus because some of ‘viruses’ reported may legitimate your system files. You should immediately find a way how to remove Clean This malware.
As soon as this program manages to get inside, it is set to start as soon as PC is rebooted. Trojans make some Registry modifications that make malicious executables of Clean This Antivirus launched instead of the normal ones. That may cause some serious problems for you when you try to launch legitimate software needed for virus removal. Additionally, Clean This will start doing anything to make you think that your computer is in danger: it will generate misleading popup alerts and fabricated notifications always saying the same information that something really malicious is going on inside your PC. These messages will say something like that:
The application taskmgr.exe was launched successfully but was forced to shut down due to security reasons.
This happened because the application was infected by a malicious program which might post a threat for the OS.
It is highly recommended to install the necessary heuristic module and perform a full scan of your computer to exterminate malicious programs from it.
Finally, users are offered to purchase Clean This licensed version for fixing their machines and eliminating all these infections reported earlier. However, the only way which is recommended for making computer free of viruses is removal of Clean This virus. Please, install reliable anti-spyware, update it and run full system scan as soon as possible. This will help you to remove Clean This completely. If you find difficulties in launching spyhunter or other security application, reboot your computer into safe mode with networking first and then try to launch. Clean This Antivirus must be exterminated fast or it will leave your PC uncontrollable and useless.
Special instructions for removing CleanThis
1. Restart your computer and before it launches Windows, start tapping “F8” key. Highlight “Safe Mode with Networking” with arrow keys and press ENTER.
2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager. Check for the processes of CleanThis and stop them.
2a. If the screen goes black, try launching explorer.exe from task manager.
2b. If you can’t kill CleanThis process, Try rebooting into safe mode, repeat 1 & 2 and search/delete for files you have stopped. Then Reboot into safe mode with networking and continue.
3. Open Internet Explorer, choose Tools menu and select Internet Options.
4. Click on the Connections tab and then on the LAN Settings button. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
5. Download spyhunter and run a full system scan. Delete files identified as infected.
For users that CAN NOT DO ANYTHING in safe mode and Normal mode due to CleanThis infection
These instructions are only for people that can not disable CleanThis in normal mode or safe mode with networking. Note: editing registry in safe mode with command prompt is dangerous!
1. Reboot, press F8, Choose SAFE MODE WITH Command promt.
2. Enter these commands: regedit
3. Search for reference to win logon shell. Update the the key with the following value [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] “Shell”=”Explorer.exe”
3. CD to EACH USERS Application Data subfolders and delete hotfix.exe
4. Shutdown /r /t 1
5. Press F8, choose safe mode with networking
6. Download spyhunter, ( https://www.2-viruses.com/spdoc.exe ), update, do a full system scan and delete what in detects.
7. Reboot, scan last time with spyhunter, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and your antivirus. If you haven’t done in a while, update these tools
Automatic Malware removal tools