West Mercia Police Ukash virus - How to remove?
West Mercia Police Ukash virus is a malicious program that that locks random computer systems claiming that their users have violated the law . The application is distributed through spam email attachments, Trojan viruses and using various system vulnerabilities so the user could not detect it at the stage of installation. West Mercia Police Ukash virus uses a name of a well known police institution and mainly attacks computers located in the UK.
The application displays a message saying that you have been using an distributing copyrighted videos, photos and other files, and for this reason you must pay a fine. In fact this message is scam and it does not reflect real situation of your computer. You should never pay anything West Mercia Police Ukash virus asks, as you will only lose your money. If you think a little more, no police institution would ever ask paying your fines though Paysafecard or Ukash payment systems. It’s a clear scam that was designed just to make money from random users. Here is how the message looks like:
West Mercia Police Ukash
All activity of this computer has been recorded. If you use webcam, videos and pictures were saved for identification webcam.
Your IP Address:
You can be clearly identified by your IP address and by the associated
Your Computer has been locked!
Illegally downloaded material (MP3’s, Movies, or Software) has been located on your computer.
Remove West Mercia Police Ukash virus from your system as soon as you detect it on your computer. Use a reputable antispyware program for the best results, like Spyhunter. If your computer has more than one user account and not all of them are locked, scan whole PC with anti-malware programs, e.g. spyhunter, by logging to the account that is not blocked. Another option is to use system restore. If none of these methods worked for you, do the following:
- Restart your computer;
- Press F8 while it is still restarting;
- Choose between safe modes in following order: Safe mode, Safe mode with command prompt
Then follow the guides below:
If your computer runs in Safe mode or Safe mode with networking
- Launch MSConfig.
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;. Note, that these are typical locations for West Mercia Police Ukash virus but some others might be used.
- Restart the system once again.
- Scan with http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to identify West Mercia Police Ukash virus files and delete it.
Here is a video showing how to complete the steps:
If your computer runs in Safe mode with command prompt
- Run Regedit.
- Search for WinLogon Entries. Write down all files it references that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe
- Search registry for West Mercia Police Ukash virus files and delete the registry keys referencing the files
- Try to reboot and scan with Reimage, SpyHunter.
- If this fails, try doing system restore from safe mode with command prompt (rstrui.exe)
If none of safe modes could be launched
Some versions of West Mercia Police Ukash virus disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs:
- Reboot normally.
- Enter: http://2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe . If malware is loaded, just press alt+tab once and keep entering the string blindly. Press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R couple times. West Mercia Police Ukash virus process should be killed.
Here is a video detailing this approach:
Hitman Pro USB disk
If you did not succeed using any of the methods above, try scanning PC with a bootable USB or DVD disk. These should be able to remove all versions of West Mercia Police Ukash virus, but will not work if your hard drive is encrypted.
For that, we recommend using Hitman Pro Kickstarter USB.
- Download Hitman Pro on uninfected PC.
- Run Hitman and ask to create Kickstarter USB (option on initial screen)
- When USB ready, reboot infected PC with USB attached and press DEL
- Choose USB as primary boot device.
- Boot normally.
- Run Hitman Pro and http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe . One of these programs should detect and remove malware from your PC.
Automatic West Mercia Police Ukash virus removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual West Mercia Police Ukash virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove West Mercia Police Ukash virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.