Websearch.lookforithere.info Virus - How to remove?
What is Websearch.lookforithere.info Virus?
Websearch (dot) lookforithere (dot) info virus is another browser hijacker related to Tuvaro and smartAddressBar. The authors of this application use free software to distribute their toolbar. Quite often fake or semi-legitimate download sites are used to add a specific plugin to the software package. If you install such programs like mp3 ripper, youtube downloader or other software, your start page and searches will be hijacked to websearch.lookforithere.info, which displays advertisements and search results mixed with sponsored links.
The problem with such hijackers is the following: they do not ask for your consent when changing default search engine and home page settings. Quite often they use various tricks to make resetting search settings complicated. Even if you remove the toolbar your searches would go to promoted addresses. Websearch.lookforithere.info is not malicious itself and some of the websites it promotes are legitimate, yet it is recommended to remove the toolbar causing redirection. Please note, the search engine has no advantage over such tools like Google, Yahoo! or other, and some of the advertised links might be malicious. By clicking on such a search result you might get your computer infected with Trojans and viruses.
Such hijackers are detected by anti-malware programs like Spyhunter, AdwCleaner and some others. However, if you want to uninstall the plugin and related software yourself, you can remove websearch.lookforithere.info manually. In any case it is advisable to scan your computer using antimalware program afterwards. For a default search engine to be reset follow these removal instructions :
websearch.lookforithere.info virus removal from Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove the unnecessary search engines from the list.
websearch.lookforithere.info virus removal from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
websearch.lookforithere.info virus removal from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
If the instructions fail, you will have to remove the hijacker with the help of anti-malware programs.
Here is a video that show how to remove a similar hijacker:
Automatic Websearch.lookforithere.info Virus removal tools
Manual Websearch.lookforithere.info Virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove lookforithere Virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other lookforithere Virus infected files and get help in lookforithere Virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.