Video Download Converter Toolbar - How to remove?
What is Video Download Converter Toolbar?
Video Download Converter Toolbar is a browser hijacker that can be installed to computers bundled with free software from the Internet. The program makes lots of changes in your browser. It can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once there, it changes your homepage to home.tb.ask.com and sets your default search provider to search.tb.ask.com.
Video Download Converter Toolbar seeks to collect information about your browsing habits. This information is usually used for marketing purposes. The program also displays many advertisements and it can redirect your to various sponsored websites when you will try to make a search. As you see, the program is used to boost traffic to certain pages and to get information that could be used to advertise more websites in future.
As Video Download Converter Toolbar is installed together with other applications. You should be more careful about your downloads. Every time you get a new program, carefully follow each step of the installation. If you see that it offers getting any additional applications, make sure you don;t allow it to install any unknown ones. That is how all kind of unwanted programs are usually infiltrated into random systems.
Remove Video Download Converter Toolbar as soon as you detect it on your browser. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Video Download Converter Toolbar, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Video Download Converter Toolbar from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Video Download Converter Toolbar removal tools
Manual Video Download Converter Toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Video Download Converter Toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Video Download Converter Toolbar infected files and get help in Video Download Converter Toolbar removal by using Spyhunter scanner.