SafeSearch - How to remove?
SafeSearch is a browser hijacker that changes browser settings of the infected machine and causes lots of inconveniences and disturbs your work. It usually gets installed mainly with some free tools without users’ knowledge. The program is meant to earn money for its creators by promoting various websites. However, it is considered to be an unfair method, so SafeSearch is considered to be a an unwanted program.
If you want to avoid such applications getting access to your browsers, you should be very attentive when installing any free programs from the internet and refuse installing any unknown programs to your computer. If you have already noticed activity of SafeSearch on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, you are recommended to remove it from there.
SafeSearch changes your homepage and default search engine to safesearch.net. The program program includes lots of sponsored links to your search results and pose risk to get your system infected. It can easily redirect you to some compromised websites that contain malware infections. Additionally, the program displays random pop up ads that are very annoying too. You are recommended to remove SafeSearch from your system as it can bring lots of problems to you.
SafeSearch Removal Instructions:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to SafeSearch. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for SafeSearchand disable it.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to SafeSearch, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to SafeSearch, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar address, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.
Automatic SafeSearch removal tools
Manual SafeSearch removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove SafeSearch, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other SafeSearch infected files and get help in SafeSearch removal by using Spyhunter scanner.