PC Repair - How To Remove?
PC Repair is a new fake system Optimizer from the same family as HDD Repair. Not so different from rogues, these programs infect PCs with the help of Trojans from infected websites, shareware downloads and fake software updates. Differently from rogue antiviruses, PC Repair will pretend that your computer hardware is corrupt instead of faking virus infections.
The first sign of PC Repair are false security warnings and alerts. These warnings will try to scare you into buying a full version of this useless software. Most of PC Repair warnings sound funny for a computer aware person:
Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk.
RAM memory usage is critically high. RAM memory failure.
PC Repair Activation
Advanced module activation required to fix detected errors and performance issues. Please purchase Advanced Module license to activate this software and enable all features.
PC Repair will prevent regular programs from opening. This means the following: when you click on some executable, it will likely show one of following system messages instead of launching a regular program:
An error occurred while reading system files. Run a system diagnostic utility to check your hard disk drive for errors.
Hard Drive Failure
The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE / SATA hard disks. It is recommended that you restart the system.
Hard drive critical error. Run a system diagnostic utility to check your hard disk drive for errors. Windows can’t find hard disk space. Hard drive error.
Each of these messages is made to scare you and make you launch a full scan with PC Repair, which will produce fake results displaying various errors. Most of these errors could not be fixed if they were real, and others are completely unrealistic.
To get rid of PC repair, follow our guide bellow. NOTE: When you remove PC Repair, DO NOT clean TEMP folder before fixing everything. PC Repair stores shortcuts in %TEMP%\smtmp from your desktop and documents there.
- Use the following key to disable majority of PC Repair alerts and popups:
- Download and run Process explorer (use smartphone or USB disk if you can’t launch the browser), backup location here : http://www.2-viruses.com/wp-content/uploads/PE/eXplorer.exe . You might need to rename it to something.com for launching.
- Kill processes starting from All Users/Application Data , AppData, TEMP or similar.
- Download and scan your PC with reputable anti-malware programs like Spyhunter or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- To finalize PC Repair removal, copy back your shortcuts, also make sure that your files are not hidden.
- Once everything is restored, clean up your TEMP.
PC Repair may come bundled with TDSS rookit and hide your files. If you can not see your files, you should open Folder options and enable settings to view hidden files.