System Recovery is a form of PC malware that tries to make money from selling services you do not need. This classifies it as Rogue application. It belongs to fake hard disk defragmenters, similar to PC Repair parasite. One should understand, that System Recovery is not an actual program, but a form of trojans that advertises services which it cannot perform. This “program” has no system optimization module, it can’t fix any errors and will not do anything good to your PC. System Recovery should be removed from ones PC.
System Recovery enters the system bundled by being downloaded to trojan – infested PC, bundled with fake codec’s, fake flash or other software upgrades or from infected webpages. It is more likely to get such infections when one has no regular antivirus or clicks on advertisements that are too good to be true. The installation process is invisible to the user, and one starts seeing various System Recovery symptoms.
The main System Recovery symptoms are various alerts claiming that PC hardware has serious malfunctions. These alerts are about the same for the whole family of fake HDD optimizers and range from slightly believable to completely nonsensical. It claims that Windows cannot save file data, Hard drive missing, or that RAM fails due to high memory usage. All these claims are false. For example,
Windows was unable to save all the data for the file …… The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware.
A critical error has occurred while indexing data stored on hard drive. System restart required.
To force user into paying for full System Recovery, it uses 2 additional tricks: It might hide file documents and might move some documents and shortcuts to programs to the %Temp%\smtmp folder. This means that one has no access to one documents. We will explain how to recover ones documents hidden by System Recovery. DO NOT USE ccleaner or other disk cleaner prior removing System Recovery and recovering all the files.
It will also block some program execution. The programs will execute after several tries though. To stop that, we recommend following our System Recovery guide closely and try several approaches and several different programs before giving up.
Under no conditions you should pay for full version of System Recovery malware. This will fund making of new forms of malicious computer software. Instead, you should get a decent antivirus software to protect from threats like this.
Full instructions on how to remove System Recovery
1. Press on help and support and fake register System Recovery software with key 8475082234984902023718742058948
2. Close program. Download process explorer (backup location here: https://www.2-viruses.com/wp-content/uploads/PE/eXplorer.exe ) . Run it. Make sure you see file execution location.
3. Kill all the processes from TEMP, Application Data and similar folders. Once you click right process, System Recovery window will disappear, though you might have to hover on its icon in the task bar.
4. Scan your PC with anti-malware programs to identify (and optionally, remove) the trojan files and registry entries. I recommend spyhunter, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro.
5. Delete System Recovery files.
6. To unhide your files do following : start->run->cmd (on vista/7 do not press enter, but right-click and choose run as administrator). Then execute this command :
attrib -h “C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\*.* ” /s /d
where C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\ is the path to your documents
7. Copy all the files from %Temp%\smtmp to their proper location.
7. Once your system is restored, you can run CCleaner and update your regular antivirus program to avoid infections of System Recovery and similar infections in the future. Full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Spyhunter or Kaspersky/Eset internet security suites would likely protected from being infected with System Recovery and similar parasites.
Automatic Malware removal tools