How to remove Do-search.com virus
Do-search.com virus is a browser hijacker that was programmed to increase traffic of particular websites by redirecting end users to them. The program is installed to computers bundled to installers of free software. Such sneaky infiltration is a popular way to distribute potentially unwanted applications to random computers. To avoid Do-search.com virus and other similar tools, you should always keep an eye on your downloads and never install anything that you do not have enough information about.
Do-search.com virus can be installed to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. Once there, it changes their settings to the ones of its own and does not let you reset them. The program replaces your homepage and default search provider with Do-search.com. Your search results will now be given by Yahoo Search. The problem is that it mainly includes sponsored websites in your search results and it is nothing like a normal search using Yahoo.
Additionally, Do-search.com virus causes redirections to various sponsored websites and basically makes your browsing very complicated. Because of all these consequences and techniques it uses to infiltrate into computers, the program is considered to be a potentially unwanted one. It is highly recommended to remove Do-search.com virus from your browser immediately after detecting it on your system.
First, you will have to delete Do-search.com virus and related programs from Control Panel and browser plugins. We recommend uninstalling ALL applications installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Do-search.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
How To remove Do-search.com virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Do-search.com from the list
How To remove Do-search.com virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Do-search.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Do-search.com virus removal tools
Manual Do-search.com virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Do-search.com virus , such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Do-search.com virus infected files and get help in Do-search.com virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.