V9 Redirect Virus is known to forward all of Internet related inquiries to v9.com/us. This is an unfair way to generate more traffic to promoted sites. Cyber criminals use it to earn easy money therefore they are interested in distributing V9 Redirect Virus as wide as possible. There are several ways how this browser hijacker sneaks into your computer. One of the ways to get infected is by using existing system vulnerabilities. Another method is distribution via attachments of spam e-mails. It is also known that V9 Redirect Virus comes bundled with other corrupted programs.
After a toolbar gets inside computer, it makes changes that have very annoying consequences. Your home page and search page will be changed to v9.com/us. It becomes almost impossible to do any search on the Internet because every time you try to visit a wanted search page, you will be redirected to the web address that this virus promotes. Another irritating feature is displaying of pop-up advertisements. These will interrupt your work whenever Internet is on. Moreover, V9 Redirect Virus might be used to monitor your Internet behavior and browsing habits. This information is later used by marketing campaigns. Note that this is done without a computer user’s consent.
No matter for what reasons one might want to remove V9 Redirect Virus, this is not as easy to do as it might seem. Even if you have found a toolbar uninstall wizard in Control Panel, there are points you will have to do manually, such as change your search provider’s and home page settings for all the Internet browsers you use. There is software available that removes V9 Redirect Virus automatically, such as spyhunter or Hitman Pro. If you chose to remove this browser hijacker manually, it is strongly recommended to perform a full system scan using antimalware software after a manual removal.
To manually change your search provider, follow these steps depending on the Internet browser you use:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers or on IE7 click change search defaults;
- Remove V9 Redirect Virus from the list.
On Firefox :
- In url field type “about:config” (without the quotes) and do following =>
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
On Google Chrome:
- Click gear icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove V9 Redirect Virus from list.
TopRemove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional): If your browser opens V9 Redirect Virus page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete V9 Redirect Virus part from target field.
Automatic Malware removal tools