Wouldn’t you like to listen to various radio stations right on your web browser, without having to browse a number of different websites looking for streams? Search.freeliveradio.co is offering this feature for free, but at the same time brings a lot of troubles regarding your cyber security. For that reason it is listed as a browser hijacker – it will definitely take over your web browsers by changing important settings and overstepping boundaries. It operates as an internet browser extension and is capable of changing home page, default search engine and new tab website settings without asking your permission.
Search Freeliveradio Co quicklinks
- Freeliveradio.co is a browser hijacker
- Sneaking into computers
- Ads and bundling
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Get rid of Search.freeliveradio.co virus
- How to remove freeliveradio using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove freeliveradio from macOS
Actually, the name of the extension is “Live Radio Pro Tab” (by Eightpoint/Polarity) and, in some cases, the freeliveradio.co page has been replaced with tliveradiopro.com. Still, the hijacker functions the same regardless of which address is used. It is found to be suspicious by multiple reputable antivirus vendors,
There are tons of similar browser hijackers that offer free radio streaming, such as MyRadioAccess or Search.searchlttradionow.com, and they all work more or less the same, thus we already know them quite well and dealing with them is not that difficult (in most cases).
Removing freeliveradio.co should be complemented with removing other suspicious browser extensions because they might have also been installed with freeliveradio.co, even if they do not show up. Also, you might want to scan your computer for adware – it’s probably clean, but hijackers are known to spread using misleading ads.
Freeliveradio.co is a clunky and inelegant browser toolbar at best – ad-pushing, spying, browser-hijacking malware at worst. It should probably be uninstalled:
Freeliveradio.co is a browser hijacker
Sneaking into computers
The freeliveradio.co infection was developed by a well-known malware developer Polarity Technologies LTD. This company never seems to take a day off and new browser hijackers show up constantly. “New” being relative – the design is often the same, only the name is different.
We have already mentioned that this infection is operating as an internet browser extension and it seems that Search.freeliveradio.co is compatible with all most popular web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. The extension can be downloaded for one browser, or it can come as a more serious infection.
Most concerning is that freeliveradio.co can be installed without your consent. Browser hijackers are sometimes distributed using bundling and installed by malware, so if that happened to you, then you’d see “Live Radio Pro Tab” in your browser without ever having installed it on purpose. But even when it’s manually installed, that doesn’t mean that consent was obtained. Accidentally installing an extension by following instructions on freeliveradio.co is easy to do without even realizing what you’re doing, especially if you don’t have experience using browser extensions. Deceptive installation tactics is what that’s called.
When freeliveradio.co infects your computer, it automatically adds this extension to all web browsers installed on your computer. Then the extension changes settings – sets www.search.freeliveradio.co as homepage and default search engine, so this website appears every single time you open a web browser or try to search for something on the Internet.
Ads and bundling
All searches submitted to Search.freeliveradio.co are redirected to Yahoo. That’s not a danger in itself – it is completely reliable and safe, even if the number of ads might be a bit high. Search.freeliveradio.co is dangerous for other reasons and the most important one is data collection. Once inside of your computer it will collect all sorts of data about you – your web browsing habits, IP and email addresses, software and hardware you are using, and much more. This information is used to adjust advertisements and target them directly to you, regarding your interests. It can also be sold to various third parties, which is not good for privacy.
If you take a look at the freeliveradio.co new tab page, you will notice a toolbar pinned to it. They are using it to promote affiliated products. One of them is called ‘Weatherly’ – a free tool that is supposed to inform you about weather forecasts in your city. This add-on is promoted by all browser hijackers delivered by Polarity Technologies LTD, thus we consider it to be malicious as well – avoid that add-on.
Oh, and let’s not forget that, when installing freeliveradio.co on Chrome, you’re forwarded to HideMySearches and Email Search Tools installation pages. These extensions will hijacker your browser much more thoroughly (HideMySearches can see and control all the websites you’re on, which is… a lot).
How to delete freeliveradio.co
Now, if you are ready to eliminate Search.freeliveradio.co from your computer, you should get yourself a decent anti-malware application, such as Spyhunter for PC or Combo Cleaner for Mac. Those programs proved to be extremely efficient eliminating infections like this, thus all you need to do is to run the scan of your hard drive and the anti-malware program will automatically detect and remove this infection. It will also provide you with the in-depth report about all malicious and possibly dangerous files on your computer, so it’s very convenient. If you don’t feel like downloading any additional anti-malware software, take a look at our step-by-step manual Search.freeliveradio.co removal guide – it can be found below this article. Do your best to complete all steps correctly and the virus will be gone for good.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Get rid of Search.freeliveradio.co virus
How to remove freeliveradio using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Search.freeliveradio.co install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to freeliveradio . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Search.freeliveradio.co easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove freeliveradio from macOSDelete Search.freeliveradio.co from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the freeliveradio app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Search.freeliveradio.co from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Search.freeliveradio.co, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Search.freeliveradio.co from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Search.freeliveradio.co related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Search.freeliveradio.co from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Search.freeliveradio.co from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall freeliveradio and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.