Search.certified-toolbar.com Hijacker - How To Remove?
Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker is an annoying program that affects your Internet browsers. It changes your homepage, adds various unknown websites to your bookmarks list and of course it causes redirections to search.certified-toolbar.com. In fact every time you make a search you will end up at this website. When you open new browser tab on your browser, you will be redirected to newtab.certified-toolbar.com, which is annoying as well.
The purpose of browser hijackers is to advertise various products in the search page that displays lots of different advertisements. It often contains downloads that are bundled with malware programs and once you click on them, your system can get badly infected. Besides, the program can track your browsing information and later on use this data for marketing purposes. Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker does exactly these things.
It is highly recommended to remove search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker form your computer immediately after detecting its activity. You should run a full system scan with a reliable antispyware program. We recommend using spyhunter or Hitman Pro. Remember that having updated versions of these programs will also protect you computer against malware infection in future. After performing this scan you will also have to restore some settings automatically. Follow the steps below how to do it:
- Go to Control Panel and run Uninstall the toolbar if it still exists there.
- Open IE Press on the arrow close to search bar, set default search engine to google and then delete the certified toolbar website from list.
- Open Firefox (optional). Enter about:config. Search for keyword.url, browser.search.defaultengine, browser.search.selectedengine, browser.newtab.url . Reset each of these values.
- Open Google Chrome (optional). Click on gear icon, go to settings, manage search engines, change search engine back to google and delete Certified toolbar from the list. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.
Top Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers) (optional): If your browser opens certified-toolbar hijacker page on startup only, try this:
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab;
- Delete certified-toolbar hijacker part from target field.
Automatic Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove certified-toolbar hijacker, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.