Scenic Reflections Toolbar is a browser hijacker that can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It was developed by Visicom Media Inc. Once added, the program suggests adding various button to get quick access to popular websites, like weather forecasts, social networks, etc. The problem about Scenic Reflections Toolbar is that it is installed without asking your permission.
Once inside, the program may change your search provider to search.conduit.com or allmyweb.com. The same can happen to your homepage. Scenic Reflections Toolbar says to provide search results based on Yahoo search engine. However, in reality the program adds numerous commercial and sponsored websites and generates tons of advertisements every time you browse the Internet. It is based on promoting affiliate links which actually disturbs users’ browsing.
The best solution for those who want to prevent their browsers from being hijacked is to be more careful when downloading freeware applications from the Internet. Make sure you don’t allow changing your homepage and search provider to little known or completely unfamiliar websites. Do not agree adding programs that come bundled to other software either. You can detect them if you follow the installation steps of your new downloads.
To remove Scenic Reflections Toolbar, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs list and uninstall anything related to this domain from there. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Scenic Reflections Toolbar from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Scenic Reflections Toolbar from the list.
How To remove Scenic Reflections Toolbar from IE 11:
- Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How To remove Scenic Reflections Toolbar from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset;
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab;
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Scenic Reflections Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store
Automatic Malware removal tools