Pdfconverttools.com is correctly detected as a browser hijacker that may unexpectedly inject its roots into Windows and Mac browsers. This normally occurs without the user’s authorization or consent. Once installed, pdfconverttools.com performs several unwanted modifications into the way browsers function. Users who encounter pdfconverttools.com are not satisfied with such amendments, so it is quite obvious that they want to revert the initial settings of their browser before the changes made by pdfconverttools.com took place. Follow this guide and you will find more detailed facts about this hijacker, its installation and promotion methods and ways of successful removal.
Pdfconverttools Com Browser Hijacker quicklinks
- How is pdfconverttools.com promoted
- How to remove pdfconverttools.com
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- pdfconverttools.com removal
- How to remove pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker from macOS
Pdfconverttools.com is advertised as the browser extension that may help you view PDF files quickly and easily. It is true that some people have the need to view PDF documents as part of their work or studies. In order to open and read the documents in the PDF format, a special tool is required. It can be found easily on the web and be used for free, but pdfconverttools.com pop-ups assume that they render some better service – to read the PDF files without installing any program, simply by adding the extension into the browser. It would be great if this was all we could say about pdfconverttools.com, but it actually performs a lot of other not really good modifications of browsers, and this is done without the user’s permission.
Amendments introduced by pdfconverttools.com
Once the extension suggested by pdfconverttools.com is installed and enabled, users encounter the following problems:
- the browser homepage is set to pdfconverttools.com.
- new browser tabs lead to pdfconverttools.com instead of the blank page;
- unauthorized change of the default search engine into int.search.myway.com.
People are not happy when they notice their browser homepage modified into pdfconverttools.com by MyWay. But they will definitely be more annoyed when they see their search queries being redirected through int.search.myway.com instead of Google Search. As for int.search.myway.com, this is the pseudo search engine that does not really provide you with decent search results. You first will notice a lot of totally irrelevant sponsored links on top of the search results, and possibly after scrolling down to the bottom of the page will see some links that might slightly match your initial search queries.
The main purpose of pdfconverttools.com is now quite obvious. It does not care about making it more convenient for you to open or read PDF files. The hijacker was solely elaborated to generate revenue for its developers. When you make clicks on the sponsored links displayed in the modified home page of your browser, this automatically generates income for those who promote the hijacker. Similarly, clicking on the sponsored pages advertised by int.search.myway.com pseudo search engine brings profit to those people who stand behind it.
Additionally, pdfconverttools.com places a lot of advertisement banners, coupons, deals, discounts, and other adware components into your home page. At first glance, these ads seem to be legitimate, but the problem is that some of the links promoted by means of pdfconverttools.com may represent a danger for the security of your computer. Certain webpages advertised by pdfconverttools.com may be connected to malicious domains and thus may bring you to dangerous sites if you click on them mistakenly.
How is pdfconverttools.com promoted
Pdfconverttools.com and its PDFConvertTools extension are distributed through pop-ups that may be generated by adware enabled in your computer right now. If this is the reason, then the adware is most likely in control of your browser and thus you may encounter all kinds of suspicious pop-ups and subsequent redirections, including unexpected forwarding of your browser to pdfconverttools.com page.
Free applications may additionally be integrated with pdfconverttools.com installer. This method is often referred to as “bundling”. This means that the installer of free application may contain installers of other absolutely useless applications, however, the information about such additional offers is often concealed or written in the small print. Failure to read these important details about pdfconverttools.com as the additional offer may result in it its unwanted integration with your browser.
How to remove pdfconverttools.com
Pdfconverttools.com is the browser extension, so to fix your home page and default search engine settings the extension must be disabled and removed. Access the list of your browser extensions and locate PDFConvertTools. Disable and delete it from the list. If you prefer manual removal, additionally check the list of programs installed in your computer right now. Remove items that are suspicious and were not directly installed by you.
Based on the analysis we performed, a lot of adware programs today may still function in the system in a concealed form. You may examine the list of programs in your computer and still not identify anything suspicious that could cause browser problems. However, even after removing pdfconverttools.com manually your browser may continue producing unexpected pop-ups and redirect you to many unsafe pages. This means that the adware may operate in your system through the suspicious process executed on the startup and running in the background. We definitely recommend you to scan your system with Spyhunter that will detect unwanted utilities that cannot be manually traced. This way your system will be duly protected in the future.
Automatic Malware removal tools
How to remove pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker from macOSDelete pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall pdfconverttools.com browser hijacker and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.